Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Re:C&W builds first-ever Caribbean MPLS network

Post Re:C&W builds first-ever Caribbean MPLS network

Why is it that when a little man does something first he gets no credit?
    According to C&W
    Said Dan Rudd, chief technology officer for Cable & Wireless Americas & Caribbean, "Our investment in the first MPLS network in the Caribbean...
    I find that comment strange when Island Networks already claimed to have an MPLS network from April. http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/glean...business4.html
    A JAMAICAN Telecommunications company, Island Networks Limited (INL), has broken new ground in wireless communications in the Caribbean, by being the first to deploy within the region, a layer two network driven by the highly rated Multi Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) technology

True words boss.. but u kno how it is, small man start; "Big man" take credit..
    a jus so it set up..unfortunately!
    For every computer problem there is an upgrade with equal and opposite problems.

All I can say on this is that the small man needs to do more to educate the public when they have done something "new". I have seen in many industries where because a product or service is not advertised enough by the small man, when the big man comes and does it the public thinks that the big man did it first.

I can telll you all that Miphone as an example has been the first to have many features we have come to love but Digicel gets credit for that because quite frankly they have a more superior marketing team.
    Device: iPhone® 4S OS: v5
    POWERED By: LIME 3G

Island Network "MPLS" network is limited to JA only.

Whereas CWJ has POP will have POP in several Caribbean countries and the USA.
    I dont need to know everything, I just need to know where to find the answer...Einstein

Omar O Thompson (CISA, CCSP, CCDA, CCNA, NCDS(CS1000), LPIC-1, Linux+)

Quote Originally Posted by tech_guru View Post
    Island Network "MPLS" network is limited to JA only.

Whereas CWJ has POP will have POP in several Caribbean countries and the USA.
    That may well be so, but saying that:
    Said Dan Rudd, chief technology officer for Cable & Wireless Americas & Caribbean, "Our investment in the first MPLS network in the Caribbean...
    is a far cry from saying that the network is the first to have multiple points of presence in the Caribbean and outside of the Caribbean.

Well I just read the article and its funny I just came out of a meeting about MPLS. I work with a financial organization out of Canada and we are testing MPLS in Guyana now in an initiative with Bell and Impsat. Impsat and Bell are teaming up to have MPLS throughout the Caribbean soon.

Thank you Mr. Massias for finally clearing it all up. I am glad I wasn't the only one to notice a discrepancy in the recent announcements.

No where to run, no where to hide, technology is everywhere...

Maybe the blame shouldnt be given to one entity. Afterall individual[s]writing the article/reporting should do a measure of research before posting anything. Obvisouly this was not done. Hmmm, I wonder what else the Jamaica Observer and others have posted that has mislead us?
    Calm Like a BOMB

And this was mentioned on the home page of TechJamaica
    http://www.techjamaica.com/content/view/1266/50/
    The trouble with learning from experience
    is that the test comes first and
    the lesson afterwards