Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Coping with threats from Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Well for one after watching news last night, this will be a true measure on data capacity

both flow and Digi has seen 20%+ usage of bandwidth

flow - says they are adding capacity
    digicel - says they have enough capacity
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

a number of remote persons are having issues with flow at the moment, i know they are upgrading a bit,, prob the side effect, based off the feedback on news, i don't think its bottle necking just yet

Quote Originally Posted by nevintech View Post
    a number of remote persons are having issues with flow at the moment, i know they are upgrading a bit,, prob the side effect, based off the feedback on news, i don't think its bottle necking just yet
    Yeah my internet went from around 10am to sometime after 2 today. Heard there were having some DNS issue. All my social media apps were working though but regular browsing was a no.
    MSI B350 Tomhawk | Ryzen 7 5700x | Cooler master hyper 212 evo heatsink | MSI gtx 1070 | Corsair 32gb DDR4 (3200Mhz) | Samsung 970 evo 1tb | Seagate 1tb + 500 gb | Dell 27 INCH-S2719DGF 2560x1440 144hz Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.dre View Post
    Yeah my internet went from around 10am to sometime after 2 today. Heard there were having some DNS issue. All my social media apps were working though but regular browsing was a no.
    Confirmed. Had to set Google DNS for some clients to browse.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Working from home has been the most unproductive I have been in years. I had to find a office with the least amount of doors where I could at least get away from the distractions of the IOT. I do not know how these remote workers get anything done. God help them if the internet ever goes down. KFC is still busy as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    KFC is still busy as usual.
    My wife said this is the way to know if things are bad or not. If KFC ever get locked - the proverbial crap would have hit the fan.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    Confirmed. Had to set Google DNS for some clients to browse.
    For home I never use the ISP's DNS settings, always either OpenDNS or Google DNS.

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    My wife said this is the way to know if things are bad or not. If KFC ever get locked - the proverbial crap would have hit the fan.
    Now we know who wear the brains in your family
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    For home I never use the ISP's DNS settings, always either OpenDNS or Google DNS.

Now we know who wear the brains in your family
    Yes you're.....HEY! I resemble that remark!

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    Working from home has been the most unproductive I have been in years. I had to find a office with the least amount of doors where I could at least get away from the distractions of the IOT. I do not know how these remote workers get anything done. God help them if the internet ever goes down. KFC is still busy as usual.
    It takes practice and getting in the frame of mind. If possible, start by creating a dedicated space for work and minimize distractions in that area. Some people even get dress etc. like they are going to the office/client. Just find what works for you, it will take some effort though.

Natural light helps, so its good if you have some windows to let the sun in.

Working from home is awesome (6 years), but the distractions are real. I have a separate desk in my office for my work laptops, if not i camp out in the kitchen for the day. Helps when you don't have kids.

Working remote definitely requires some form of back up internet, even if it's just a hot-spot.

I find myself working late, and taking more time to do the same tasks...its not just internet, but the environment itself and the little ones .. quite a task