Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Flow Has Upgraded Internet Speeds

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Rebooted, still 5....
    You're in MoBay right? Also, which of their modems are you running? I suspect this is limited to their newer modems as most people I've checked with, who'd confirmed the speed increase, are running the 24x8 "Mercury" modems.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    You're in MoBay right? Also, which of their modems are you running? I suspect this is limited to their newer modems as most people I've checked with, who'd confirmed the speed increase, are running the 24x8 "Mercury" modems.
    Mobay yes....
    White looking modem

My upload speed also doubled from about 5 or 6 to 12Mb/s. In Kingston, using old black Arris 1672G.
    Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Mobay yes....
    White looking modem

Hmm! Perhaps they’re rolling it out but by bit. Do keep an eye out for it within the holiday season.

Quote Originally Posted by 5dB View Post
    My upload speed also doubled from about 5 or 6 to 12Mb/s. In Kingston, using old black Arris 1672G.
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Ahh! Excellent, what speed tier/bundle are you on btw?

Ran two test I got the upload speed bump. I still have the black arris modem.

Did this speedtest at the Old Harbour location.
    Indeed, upload speeds are improving.
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    Ahh! Excellent, what speed tier/bundle are you on btw?
    A no longer offered package called Ultra from 4 years ago. Originally 50 down, which was increased to 80 down on the last upgrade cycle some time ago.

100Mb/15Mb currently. Upgraded from 5Mb upload. Better now - appreciated. Not "happy" or "elated" when other countries have symmetric 100Mb or 500Mb. But. It's a step in the right direction. Thanks to COVID and streaming of classrooms I assume.

*EDIT*
    Realized I didn't update my QoS settings in my router/firewall. So now I'm getting about 22Mb up with bursts up to about 30Mb.
    Last edited by khat17; Dec 23, 2020 at 09:39 AM.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    100Mb/15Mb currently. Upgraded from 5Mb upload. Better now - appreciated. Not "happy" or "elated" when other countries have symmetric 100Mb or 500Mb. But. It's a step in the right direction. Thanks to COVID and streaming of classrooms I assume.

*EDIT*
    Realized I didn't update my QoS settings in my router/firewall. So now I'm getting about 22Mb up with bursts up to about 30Mb.
    I agree with you on the technology bit; some are getting symmetric speeds on fibre -- here in Jamaica, in fact (if you're one of the lucky few who have fibre from FLOW & have symmetric 150/150 on their top-end bundles). I will say that this recent upgrade brings us to the level of residential uplink capacity of the likes of Virgin Media UK, which tops out at 50 Mbit/s on their Gig1 service. I do also expect a good speed bump on the download coming very soon too. FLOW will soon roll out LLA's Total TV product, which is IPTV based & streams over WiFi (or Ethernet if you have it). I see burst speeds hitting up to 700 Mbit/s on the download quite regularly; not a sight I was seeing earlier this year.