Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Still looking for a job

In Interviews I demonstrate my passion for what i do - i tell em straight up, im a geek and a die hard lover of technology, that im a member of over 10 technology based forums and blogs discussing on a wide area of topics from computer hardware to mobile handset and software and alot of things (which is true if you take a look here - im everywhere) and thats where my passion lies. i've been questioned about my loyalty - and what i said was that "i dont care about the size of the company or the paycheck.. my loyalty goes with the company that takes me as i am and allows me to learn and grow".. sadly, no company thus far wants to take me as i am and let me learn and grow with them - sad :

but anyway, thanks for the tips jackal - will use them next time.. i've tried sales prefessional positions and also customer service positions as well..didnt work but i still havent ruled them out.. i still apply for sales jobs if i see them and also customer service when i see them too

i would also try graphic arts cuz i can use photoshop REALLY well (made alot of wallpaper on deviant art) but i got out of that some time ago.. ma skills are rusty

i'll try and shape maself up for my next set of interviews.. who knows when they'll be
    Last edited by vylle; May 20, 2011 at 12:14 AM.
    Vylle"Instability shows far more ignorance than indifference"
    PC: INTEL I7 6700K | 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | GTX 1080 | 32GB DDR4
    Phones: OPO 534-9428 (LIME) or 5925530(DIGI)
    Facebook || Twitter

Money problems hitting really hard this week.. had a dream dat i was sleeping on the road outside of an ATM in new kingston.. jah know, mi fraid fi dat

Since i cant get a job in I.T at all I applied for an administrative assistant Position today, cant let nuttin skip me by
    Last edited by vylle; May 22, 2011 at 05:21 AM.
    Facebook || Twitter

EDIT - For some reason, i got another "no opportunities" letter from lime - wow twice in two weeks!! bwoy lime hates my *** so much that they reject me twice for one application! must make a mental note

got an interview with garvey maceo.. im psyched about it cuz i know i can do the job but there is 1 problem.. its all the way in friggin clarendon.. right now im up the hill but even if i move back to portmore its going to be an INSANE commute by bus! additionally, i know garvey maceo is supposedly by vernamfield but i've never been to vernamfield -_- i dont know where it is much less which bus numbers to take!!

need help - i know how to get to may pen from portmore (take 1 bus from portmore to spanish town then another from spanish town to may pen) but i have no idea how to get to vernamfield? should i take a charter taxi from spanish town to vernamfield or is there a bus that goes that direction??
    Last edited by vylle; May 25, 2011 at 01:16 AM.
    Facebook || Twitter

You have to budget well for that, breakfast, lunch, transportation and miscellaneous, I tried budgeting for the least but the walking was getting to me, I was getting too black bcuz the sun red so I had to raise up my budget

well, i can budget for it but before i do that i would need to know what they are willing to pay.. honestly, if is even 50K i'll tek it happily - budget 25K fa savings and 25K on disposible income 4 d month, and i dont mind the commute
    Facebook || Twitter

got 2 opportunities - 1 is a systems admin job at garvey maceo and the other is an internship program at syncom.. i would rather work for syncon because even though the pay is far less (prob get a stipend- if i lucky)but i get more of a learning experience the commute is more bearable and i wont have to spend that much money on food and transportation.. although, the SA position would prob pay more and offer more professional experience

i'll try my best for both but whichever i am offered first - i'll keep it
    Facebook || Twitter

I love those tips jackal. In fact I love this whole thread......it is VERY beneficial for those on the hunt for a job. Can we get a sticky? Please? Please? lol
    Calm Like a BOMB

sorry matron but this threads gunna close when i get a job (which hopefully may be soon).. but i can always quote his tips and put them in another thread i made containing the "dos" and "donts" about being on an interview
    Last edited by vylle; May 31, 2011 at 09:21 AM.
    Facebook || Twitter

ok, Interview day with garvey maceo, i practiced for the interview but not for the tests their gunna give me.. i figure that i will be doing a quiz first then they'll be interviewing me.. i think i can do well enough on the written but im uncertain about the practical (yes..their giving me a written and a practical test along with the interview LMAO.) i figure the environment of the school is windows 2000/2003 - i highly doubt they up on a 2008 environment so i think i can manage it somewhat..

well - here i go
    Facebook || Twitter

Well good luck to you sir and all the best.
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500