Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: University with the best programmers in jamaica

Default Re: University with the best programmers in jamaica

that sound nice virus.....maybe u should do the program anyway
    Mi sick inna mi head!!!

" must agree that NCU produces the best programmers out in the field."

Thats unfortunate because i have never met one in kingston, i dont know any NCU graduates in any top IT post.As for the competition the relevance is nearly nill because i know a lot of good coders at UTECH and UWI and they would not enter such a competition they are not competitive by nature.

What i do know is that most Coders and Sysdamins in goverment and pivate sector are UWI and UTECH students and i do know NCU IS graduates who are now bank tellers,so i guess reputation needs some uplifment.

Ahh boy! another one of them pointless who is the BEST...forums.. you guys really dont learn!!
    Heroes to Mentors -

What about the University of Google and Yahoo, dem no invited.
    Let's act on what we agree on now, and argue later on what we don't.
    Black men leave Barbeque alone if Barbeque don't trouble you

let me see here the level of thinking you have placed in saying that NCU have the best programmers. ummm!!! that was just one competition NCU won so i think u need to rethink what u are saying. " i am not saying that UTECH has the best programmers either"
    ***~~~VIRUS~~~***
    Popularity is a job; U work to get in and then work to stay in!!!!!
    Thank God i am famous DONT PLAYER HATE CONGRATULATE
    ASSOCIATES ARE FOR CONVENIENCE

well i guess everyone is good in their own way ,their own time and situation. NCU is just the best this time.

"What i do know is that most Coders and Sysdamins in goverment and pivate sector are UWI and UTECH students and i do know NCU IS graduates who are now bank tellers,so i guess reputation needs some uplifment."

i too know lot of past students of UWI and UTECH that are also bank tellers. so that statement is very stupid.
    Mi sick inna mi head!!!

this thread is going in the wrong direction...there are no facts being stated... all we have is people saying oh this is the best that is the best.

as i said already let's set up a competition and invite everybody to enter ..there are programmers out there who have not been to any tertiary institutions

my point is if we are discussing who produces the best programmers lets get some facts, some standard to judge them and point out what exactly we're looking for. othewise this gonna be one of those "NCU is the best...UWI blah blah...UTECH etc" arguments.
    IT Consultant

ok,... students of UTECH n UWI. at the conclusion of your degree there is normally a sotfware project given in order to graduate. i would like to know from u some examples of the type of programs/software/projects you engineer and code for this project.

also there is thread about utech's grading system. i cant seem to find it, if u know it post it i need to make a point on it. or if u know it off hand post it here.
    for NCU's here goes:
    A = 90-100
    A- = 85-89
    B+ = 80-84
    B = 75-79
    B- = 70-74
    c+ = 65-69
    c = 60-64
    below 60 = you fail the course!

you can see NCU have a very tight grading system. along with a strick attendance and participation policy.
    participation is 15% of total grade.
    more than 3 unexcused absence= force to drop course or its an automatic failure.
    Nickname: Virus
    Education: B.Sc. Computer Information Science, Asc. Mass Communication, MCSD, MCSE and CCNA

Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    Still kinda lost as to what ur saying??? whats any of those things got to do with programming?
    See the title of the thread...please read before you speak!
    "Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear"

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate

Well, regerdless of how the rules where or what language was used the NCU team beat UWI and UTech. Come on there's always next time... Just so everyone knows all the Universities here have good computer students.......
    I wish for everyone a productive day.