Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Waggle War (Too late to pick up the technology?)

Default Waggle War (Too late to pick up the technology?)

Hey guys more food for thought and curious on the thoughts of the Jamaican Gamer on this.

Waggle War
    "As instanced dungeons became popular, the whole world of MMORPGs became an entrance lobby to instanced dungeons. In my opinion, today’s MMORPGs are like theme parks – guaranteed fun with limited choices." ~ Jake Song
    “Great ideas are often opposed by violent reactions of mediocre minds.” ~ Albert Einstein

Well it is necessary for Sony and Microsoft to extend the life of their systems. But what about the Wii? What 'new' trick does it have?
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

boi like the man seh nintendo noe wat the public wants and i agree with him on the conception of hardcore gamin
    One plus one-CM11H44s

the Wii is still a sucky console cause it hardly has any proper games or dev support, only games that are worth looking at are the mario games and a few other first party stuff, rest is garbage. The Move looks a bit more capable and much more accurate, and Kinnect is just a webcam. Due to it's application in more serious games I have begun looking more deeply into the PS Move.

The PSMove and Kinect are both too late to the game. All the ps3 fanboi where laughing at the nintendo waggle controls now they are saying the PSMove controls are "accurate". The problem with accurate controls is that you'll get tired waving your hands around like that all the time. The nintendo controls are a middle ground between the people who want to waggle and the people who just want to sit back and make small movements.

There is no waggle war. Nintendo will keep doing what its doing while Sony & M$ re-release all the games that Nintendo has already released except in HD.

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    The PSMove and Kinect are both too late to the game. All the ps3 fanboi where laughing at the nintendo waggle controls now they are saying the PSMove controls are "accurate". The problem with accurate controls is that you'll get tired waving your hands around like that all the time. The nintendo controls are a middle ground between the people who want to waggle and the people who just want to sit back and make small movements.

There is no waggle war. Nintendo will keep doing what its doing while Sony & M$ re-release all the games that Nintendo has already released except in HD.
    But they are. Nobody is saying it is any less gimmicky than the Wii but it is still better in that sense. I'm sure to play Wii Sports Tennis u still have to get up and move so I dont see how it can be any more tiring, well definitely can't be as tiring as holding out ur arms in front of u holding an imaginary steering wheel for Forza

you can play wii sports tennis with just a flick of the wrist. you don't have to stand up, only the noobs stand up and play that game. its not very accurate all it needs to know is that you moved the wii-mote a inch in a direction left or right. Ask anybody whos played wii games for any amount of time or long enough to get a pro-ranking. More accuracy is not better, its just going to annoy all the moms that bought the wii.

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    you can play wii sports tennis with just a flick of the wrist. you don't have to stand up, only the noobs stand up and play that game. its not very accurate all it needs to know is that you moved the wii-mote a inch in a direction left or right. Ask anybody whos played wii games for any amount of time or long enough to get a pro-ranking. More accuracy is not better, its just going to annoy all the moms that bought the wii.
    Haffi agree wid dis. My revelation to using the wii came about when I realized that I really dont need to look like a child playing these games and I could just sit down and hand out the pwnage as I see fit lol. It seems sony and ms wont have this though... I'm expecting a fitness game to come out on these things right quick
    Laptop: HP DV6700t - Core 2 Duo T9300 2.5Ghz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia 8400m GS, 250GB HDD. Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows 7
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

well whatever. maybe the Move will get ma people to play Resident Evil 5 for themselves now an stop asking me where those things come from in Resident Evil Afterlife movie

Quote Originally Posted by chig View Post
    well whatever. maybe the Move will get ma people to play Resident Evil 5 for themselves now an stop asking me where those things come from in Resident Evil Afterlife movie
    People were really asking that?

Sad

RE5 would be rather interesting with the addition of the move though. I was saying the entire time playing it that it wouldve been cooler on the wii...
    Laptop: HP DV6700t - Core 2 Duo T9300 2.5Ghz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia 8400m GS, 250GB HDD. Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows 7
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy Nexus