Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Starcraft II: The Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by semitop View Post
    and there goes your credibility.

It's not even the best rts ever made much less best game
    That completely depends on what you consider to be the attributes of a game that makes it the one of best.

http://www.gamespot.com/gamespot/fea...games/p-5.html
    http://gameinformer.com/b/features/a...issue-100.aspx

Its sold 9.5 million copies world wide. It only sold 1.5million its first year so the rest has been over the past decade.

Its considered a professional sport in Korea with 2 dedicated cable channels and where matches can draw 100,000 ppl in stadiums/arenas, and e-gamers can actually earn a living there through tournaments. 4.5million copies have been sold there.

It could only reach that status if the game was perfectly balanced. If there was a dominant race or dominant strategy in the game then everybody would use it and it would not be as popular. So that is a testimony to its legendary balance. People still play it. And what more do you look for in a strategy game than depth and balance?

There's a lot more but I'm feeling lazy..

So to you .. whats the best RTS ever made so far?

Sales don't make the best RTS game and balance doesn't make the best RTS game. Considering the nature of the genre I am more inclined to thing the best RTS game would sell poorly or do mediocre because the average player would shy away. Pong is probably the most balanced game in the world because of its simplicity and lack of depth. Would you say pong is the best game ever made? It is a sport but who is to say the attributes being tested in the sport are not just how fast you can click and who has the best build queue?

Given the number of units and options available there definitely will be some strategy for the top most players (or probably would be). For the majority tho, its a spam fest.

Best RTS? company of heroes plays better (even though they might have lost there way with the patches and expansions), act of war: direct action was more enjoyable than this even. The warhammer RTS games were fun, tho they didn't have the depth in world as CoH does (they were about unit variation and exploiting the general map layout instead of actual tactics on field). I can't say any game is the best RTS so far but starcraft ain't at the top of my list at all.

That's one other thing. You notice the maps in starcraft are some baby maps. It's just so basic but I guess that's about balance again.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

Default Starcraft2 ftw

If anyone wants a match pm me and ill hand you my info

Game decent so far. Not that different from Starcraft One but definitely an improvement. They really did a lot of work on the campaign as I can see so far and I'm not complaining. But still Blizzard games nowadays take up a lot of harddrive space, although that's not a prob but dam (12 gigs) for this game.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Starcraft 2 For sale. PM me
    All rights reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by semitop View Post
    Starcraft 2 For sale. PM me
    Why'd u stop playing?

Quote Originally Posted by CyVan View Post
    Why'd u stop playing?
    My guess is that he's tired of getting pawned like a n00b, lol.

If you guys want some replays with decent commentaries check out http://www.youtube.com/user/HDstarcraft

Here's a match that they did:

HD Starcraft 2 oGs.TheStC v JooktoJung

Last edited by Ropy; Sep 8, 2010 at 12:24 PM.
    .:] ^ [:.
    .:] Game IDs: xfire_ropy | BC:BC2_ropy | BC: 2142_ropy29 | BF3_ | steam_ropy09 | LoL_ropy09 | Origin_ropy29 [:.

I bought my CE. I am playing my SC2. I have been a proper sc fan ever since pre Broodwars, and i vowed to avoid SC2 because i didnt want them to spoil it, kinda like C&c was ruined for me when they released Tiberium Sun.
    However i am playing this and have been playing since beta. Its a worthy successor and i am enjoying my new daily dose up updated Starcraft.

May the Terrans Prosper
    Do nothing which is of no use.
    The Way is in Training.

pwned like a noob by who? lol. The games were lame and simple. I didnt see the deep strategy beyond spamming so I wasnt too interested after a while.

Think amma get back on that CoH. This game barely has proper micro, with the huge groups u are moving around I don't see anyone controlling individual units for deeper tactics like u do in coh. The suckiness of this vs CoH has me wanting to play coh bad. lol
    Last edited by semitop; Sep 8, 2010 at 01:42 PM.
    All rights reserved.

maybe u just suck at the game eh, i mean sc2 is like hands down better than coh