Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Digicel Jamaica Consumer Electronics Show

Quote Originally Posted by barrettrs View Post
    it's better than going to Watts New and walking around so I am gonna book my date by faith
    I like going to watts new and walking around, they have nice displays. I do it all the time for free.

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    I like going to watts new and walking around, they have nice displays. I do it all the time for free.
    Yeah I second that. The CES has been like paying to walk around in Watts New in the last couple of years.
    However, it is kinda late this year. I wonder if it is to tie in with a Possible Digicel WiMax Launch?
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

They posted a link to TechJ on their facebook page. Cool!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Digice...22408077795785
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Aug 1, 2010 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BNOVA View Post
    Yeah I second that. The CES has been like paying to walk around in Watts New in the last couple of years.
    However, it is kinda late this year. I wonder if it is to tie in with a Possible Digicel WiMax Launch?
    I think so too but I'm still excited as I know we'll see alot about Wimax and how it will impact our lives in terms of computer and cellphone use
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

Quote Originally Posted by bassy View Post
    i think that most the stuff they gona have there most tech jam ppl kno abt it already.....would b kinda boring.
    well it's kinda like that every year still, especially over the pass 3 or 4 years with site like youtube with the regular reviews and stuff....but it still good to go and get your hands on the new tech at times, even the ones that don't make it or the ones that we may never own as it's too expensive...example the corvette they had bout 5 years ago, i got to sit in it!!.....it took me about 4 years before i could actually get back in one lol.....but only to test drive tho..lol

Slated to run from August 21 to August 22, the Digicel Consumer Electronics Show is back again, showcasing some of the finest technological gadgets and equipment on the market.

At the Villagio Suite of the Wyndham Kingston, the launch of the show suggested there was much in store.

It was revealed that Digicel would again take the mantle of title sponsors. This is the fourth year they have done so. Wealth magazine's Leighton Davis and Garth Walker are now at the controls in terms of planning the show.

According to Donovan White, Digicel's head of marketing, the show promises to be "bigger and better", especially as it will now be under the umbrella of Creative Media and Events.
    Read more: http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2.../ent/ent3.html

I have heard from the organiser that they are trying harder this year to appeal to the techies. Guess I'll be swinging by to see what they got going.

Digicel CES is also having a competition on their facebook page, where you upload a picture of some old technology that you have. The winner will get a free ticket to the show.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Digice...7795785?v=wall

Read it and I'm full of excitement as I make this an annual event and this year is no different. Digicel Tech show to the world
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

A group of us mods have been invited to attend the CES this year from the organizers. So whoever going, hail we up nuh. More dan likely I will be wearing mah TechJ shirt.

I'll be going on Saturday.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    A group of us mods have been invited to attend the CES this year from the organizers. So whoever going, hail we up nuh. More dan likely I will be wearing mah TechJ shirt.

I'll be going on Saturday.
    dam they r really desperate for techies
    getz mine the fast way, ski-mask way...
    christopher wallace r.i.p.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl@ze View Post
    dam they r really desperate for techies
    LOL!!!

Dem seh fi gi dem a try. Is new people behind di wheel organizing it dis year. Him seh him undastand the frustrations of local techies dat there isn't enough tech at the CES. So him a try still.

The guys from NCU's imagine cup will be giving a presentation at what they call Break Away sessions during the day. Also some IT guy from Utech or something giving a presentation as well in another session.

They asked us for someone from TechJ to do a presentation as well. But it was kinda short notice. Blaze, yuh would a do a presentation on Ski-Masking?