Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who bought an iPad?

Quote Originally Posted by bernie View Post
    lol...yeah, now I can't wait to get one.
    Seriously tho, I'd rather get me a new lappy. Anyway, anything the pad can do, my n900 can do it better.
    iPad gives you a full two hand grip, Can your n900 do that better?

More Importantly... Whats the point of getting an iPad to use in JA?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Heatwave View Post
    More Importantly... Whats the point of getting an iPad to use in JA?
    It can do everything all tie goat

You can get third party 3G on the iPad if that is the only thing stopping you from getting one..

Besides that it is super cool, super toy for those who can afford or save up for it. So if you can get one go for it.

(Wish I could)
    Master Yoda:"Strong with the force TechJamaica is"

Quote Originally Posted by Wild_Willy View Post
    You can get third party 3G on the iPad if that is the only thing stopping you from getting one..

Besides that it is super cool, super toy for those who can afford or save up for it. So if you can get one go for it.

(Wish I could)
    It a bit silly to suggest that if you can afford or save up for it, then buy it. It's not a need...like a house. If I could afford the ipad (which I really don't know since I don't care to check the price) I wouldn't buy it. It's not my style. I might as well get a laptop (didn't I say that before). But hey, if it's your thing, be my guest (or apple's).
    Isn't it a marvelous thing? The mystery of the mind?
    Dear Mr Obama..could you please bail out caribyard.com ?
    Athlon 64x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-M590SLI-S4 Mobo, HD 4870 512MB Graphix, 4gigs OCZ DDR2 800 RAM, Acer 22" WideScreen.

If you want one, and can afford it, buy it. The reasons are your own. I personally would prefer carry this on the long flights, and long greyhound trips I usually experience often than a laptop, seeng as my 17" laptop is too bulky and heavy to carry around everywhere and the battery goes poof in such a short time. Sure there may be cheaper alternatives but if one can afford it and want it, them can get it. I'm not a sheeple to Apple but I do think this is somethng I'll enjoy having.
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

Until there are actually Andriod or other competing tablets on the market, people are going to buy iPads...doesnt matter it they like Apple. The fact is the iPad is available and there is no good competition. I am waiting on an Android tablet, but how many other people, especially non-techies has the patience to wait 6+ months or a product?

The 3G/wifi iPad is ideal for the Jamaican market.
    Although the prices are 'load' I prefer the 64GB
    |--- www.RealJamaicaEstate.com ™ ---|
    Invest small = small returns [micro enterprise] | Invest Big = returns Big [macro enterprise]
    --- www.fashionsJAMAICA.com ™ -|- www.ChampsJamaica.com

I have an HP TC1100 that I use to read books and such. Until the iPad get way less expensive (or the tc1100 just dead pon mi)...I will hold off for a while. I am a Apple person myself but I dont subscribe to the closed nature of the like of the iPhone, iPad and the others you have to jail-break. A newer Macbook Pro would be much further up on the agenda than an iPad...even though I have customers asking for it. Special order only peeps.
    www.fenntechLTD.com
    Tel: 962-8300
    Machine: 17" MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core2Duo, 4GB DDR2, 500GB H/D