Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which party is better with IT - JLP or PNP

Default Which party is better with IT - JLP or PNP

Now that we have gone halfway into the JLP administration, How have they performed as it relates to IT.......Did the PNP do a better job?

To me, things were better under the PNP, although the JLP supporters would say otherwise. The JLP tax every peice of computer equipment, cell phones etc, plus they have some old man as technology minister.
    Last edited by jamtech; Apr 12, 2010 at 07:35 PM.

hiss teeth none a dem

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy_tech View Post
    hiss teeth none a dem
    For you to say none of them seems like you regret your vote, under pnp IT in this country was the NUMBER ONE developing industry.

Di man dem start this up again, let me answer be telling a story

on Monday 5th of April, i took down a desktop value it at 650, the customs lady was very very very very nice she told me if i did not declare it she would let me go, but she change the value to less than 400 so i paid duties on that value in the end i paid 6500 now if we were still under the PNP i would pay $0.00

that one experience should answer your question.
    Remember to take a look at http://www.google.com/mapmaker

Quote Originally Posted by VRTECJA View Post
    For you to say none of them seems like you regret your vote, under pnp IT in this country was the NUMBER ONE developing industry.

Di man dem start this up again, let me answer be telling a story

on Monday 5th of April, i took down a desktop value it at 650, the customs lady was very very very very nice she told me if i did not declare it she would let me go, but she change the value to less than 400 so i paid duties on that value in the end i paid 6500 now if we were still under the PNP i would pay $0.00

that one experience should answer your question.
    lol who said i voted ?

oh how i miss those tax free computer parts days
    To find what you seek in the road of life, the best proverb of all is that which says: "Leave no stone unturned." Edward Bulwer Lytton

And Vrtechja started the same thing. http://www.techjamaica.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=46481
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Seriously now, what unnu a seh to me????
    Tell u bout ppl wah buy burger king now fi eat bread and butter later u know.

Even tho a LOVED the no GCT thing that the PNP had, how long were they in power b4 that took effect, and WHO eventually pay fo the loss of revenue????

How i see it, Ja cant keep borrowing money to live over wi limit, yes it nice when we as individuals get to save some money, but come on, Bruce seh if PNP can find a different way fi the country start service it depts him will listen, nobody neva come up wid nutting new....

I bought ma pc parts recently and i telling u, because of the GCT a couldnt get exactly what a want, but if u really think bout it........what would i do with the top a top pc???play game? Is that a good reason to not pay GCT??
    Last edited by -=KzR.Erasor=-; Apr 12, 2010 at 08:32 PM.
    Phenom II X4 955 (3.6Ghz), HD 4670(soon upgrade), AM2+ gigabit board, 4gb DDR2, cant afford any 3 yet....

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    And Vrtechja started the same thing. http://www.techjamaica.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=46481
    Man want start it up again, i say close it, a from dem win me change my sig. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by -=KzR.Erasor=- View Post
    Seriously now, what unnu a seh to me????
    Tell u bout ppl wah buy burger king now fi eat bread and butter later u know.

Even tho a LOVED the no GCT thing that the PNP had, how long were they in power b4 that took effect, and WHO eventually pay fo the loss of revenue????

How i see it, Ja cant keep borrowing money to live over wi limit, yes it nice when we as individuals get to save some money, but come on, Bruce seh if PNP can find a different way fi the country start service it dept him will listen, nobody neva come up wid nutting new....

I bought ma pc parts recently and i telling u, because of the GCT a couldn't get exactly what a want, but if u really think bout it........what would i do with the top a top pc???play game? Is that a good reason to not pay GCT??
    Jamaica is a developing country not a developed one when the PNP YO went to bruce and tell him to tax the bonds and not increase the tax on computers, books and pads yes even PAD, SO IF YOU IMPORT AN IPAD YOU MIGHT HAVE TO PAY DOUBLE... Them say No. Then see the IMF come and tell them they have to implement a debt exchange (JDX) so they did not have to add the GCT on computers.

Do you know how much revenue is earned by people who are able to be more productive, start business etc... Ask the people on techja how much foreign exchange them earn from adds on this site. There are things that speed up development in a developing country like computers that should not be taxed if anything they should be subsidized.

You seem to have supported them, do something for me.... GO SUFFA... PLEASE.
    Last edited by VRTECJA; Apr 13, 2010 at 08:09 AM.

Last time i checked, we were discussing the tax on pc, not pad, so a dont know where u going but let me bring the convo back to where it should be. Since u feel so strongly about the tax on pc, what reasoning do you have fo the govt. to not tax pcs and to borrow more money to run the country???

As far as i know(i might be wrong), the no tax on PC does not apply to companies that sell the pcs, so while individuals can bring out the world and sell it and dont pay no GCT at all, companies on the other hand has to, so what will happen is that non registered business did start spring up all over the place taking away the profit of legit registered business, and hence the profit of the govt....

Educational FACT agreeing to one particular decision doesnt automatically make you agree to all.....
    Phenom II X4 955 (3.6Ghz), HD 4670(soon upgrade), AM2+ gigabit board, 4gb DDR2, cant afford any 3 yet....