Thread: 10 good reasons to jailbreak your iPhone, no matter what generation

Default 10 good reasons to jailbreak your iPhone, no matter what generation

Dunno if any posted something like this before.

I guess there’s a large number of iPhone owners that are still hesitant to jailbreak their iPhones. They consider jailbreaking a dangerous and daunting task that may eventually void their warranty. Since I’m on the other side of that barricade, I’ve put down a nice list of the 10 new features you will get if you go for jailbreaking. The benefits are more than ten, but I’ve compiled the most major ones.
    Jailbreaking is a software process that unlocks the access to the iPhone original system files so that you can modify some of them for the better. You shouldn’t confuse it with a carrier unlock. Jailbreaking allows us to unleash the true power of the Apple’s iPhone.

1. Multitasking
    2. UI themes and custom sounds
    3. Lockscreen applications
    4. Improved messaging
    5. Make ringtones out of your music without iTunes
    6. Video recording on iPhone 2G and 3G
    7. File access and management
    8. Safari file download manager
    9. Extended TV-out functionality
    10. Misc UI improvements

Source: http://blog.gsmarena.com/10-good-rea...at-generation/

Quote Originally Posted by JaDragon View Post
    Dunno if any posted something like this before.
    A quick search will show you that this topic has been discussed man times before. Hence this is now generally common knowledge.
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread

I can make ringtones out of my music without iTunes? plz do tell and i've been jailbreaking for soo long and have not seen that feature.
    Where there is a will there is a way

Unlock capability, the most coveted feature of all, the ability to use the iPhone on any carrier. In Jamaica, using the iPhone on Claro is a sin to the phone its a SIN, that's what got me to jailbreak and that's the number one reason. Themes SLOW down your iPhone the novelty will wear off and it's not worth it, Qik video recorder is an official app, no need to jailbreak. I must say multitasking is coveted but Apple need it implement it, otherwise prepare to have battery issues and memory issues. Jailbreak your iPhone so that you are FREE to use your device with the carrier of your choice.

i keep my phone with only necessary apps to prvent freezing
    you only get to live once so make the best of it

Quote Originally Posted by d_skillz View Post
    Unlock capability, the most coveted feature of all, the ability to use the iPhone on any carrier. In Jamaica, using the iPhone on Claro is a sin to the phone its a SIN, that's what got me to jailbreak and that's the number one reason. Themes SLOW down your iPhone the novelty will wear off and it's not worth it, Qik video recorder is an official app, no need to jailbreak. I must say multitasking is coveted but Apple need it implement it, otherwise prepare to have battery issues and memory issues. Jailbreak your iPhone so that you are FREE to use your device with the carrier of your choice.
    That is actually incorrect since you can jailbreak and not unlock. However, you cannot unlock an iphone without jailbreaking it.

So wat if battery life becomes an issue? Do you really sit an run ur phone for the full 200+ hours without recharging even once

Yeah less time for games an stuff but seriosly I don't c dat as a major set back and I run mine like all day lol recharge once or twice depending on if am on wifi the entire time. Plus if I didn't spring it I'd never be able to play wedding das and diner dash all day free
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Apr 6, 2010 at 12:04 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts
    La La
    From the Ashes Springs New Life

http://blog.gsmarena.com/itunes-9-1-...ust-stay-away/

Apparently there are new restrictions on jailbroken devices with this version on itunes

Quote Originally Posted by dederron View Post
    http://blog.gsmarena.com/itunes-9-1-...ust-stay-away/

Apparently there are new restrictions on jailbroken devices with this version on itunes
    Mine works fine...........