Thread: Googlex4 creators warned by Google and Switched to Wiki!

Exclamation Googlex4 creators warned by Google and Switched to Wiki!

Remember the domain name www.goooglegooglegooglegoogle.com? Well! Now they have been warned that they are violating infringement laws by using the Google trade mark/ trade name, which Google claims might damage their reputation that they have worked so hard and have invested so much money into building...... Sadly to say, they have to abandon the domain name and the search providers page copies and have now switched to a new url: http://www.alotofinternet.com/, which host multiple framed copies of another popular search provider, Wikipedia........ I personally thought Bing would have been a better alternative and a plus for Microsoft.

Here's a copy of the letter Google wrote them (along with there interputation):
    The new site is live at alotofinternet.com. Some functionality is currently broken but should be fixed within the next couple of days. Hope you all enjoy.
    Please note, the original takedown notice recieved from Google is the stuff that is not in bold and looks like legalish talk. The bold portions that looks like they were written by a mildly annoyed internet dude are the portions that were written by a mildly annoyed internet dude.

This is legitimate, as near as we can tell. This site will likely go off-line within the next few days. I'd just like to say that I AM AWESOME. A website of mine got the attention of Google. I was a threat to Google. My ego could not get any larger than it is right now. The only downside is that this absolutely sucks for the approximately 50,000 daily users of this website. I've asked Google if they have any plans to launch a similar project, but I seriously doubt I'll get a straight answer.

If you want to let the Google trademark enforcement team know what you think about all of this, you can reach them at tmenforce@google.com if you want to. I would recommend it.

You guys are all fantastic, and I'd hate to see this service die off completely. Due to overwhelming support via e-mail, I've decided to get this site back up and running, although it will no longer be at this address. Watch this space for more information within the next couple of days.

Dear Alex:

Google is the owner of the well-known trademark and trade name GOOGLE, as well as the domain name GOOGLE.COM. As you are no doubt aware, GOOGLE is the trademark used to identify our award-winning search engine, located at www.google.com. Since its inception in 1997, the GOOGLE search engine has become one of the most highly recognized and widely used Internet search engines in the world. Google owns numerous trademark registrations and applications for its GOOGLE mark in countries around the world.

This is absolutely true. In case you weren't aware, it is Google that owns the Google trademark, not a couple of schmucks who threw up a moderately amusing website. If you weren't already aware, consider yourself informed.

Google has used and actively promoted its GOOGLE mark for a number of years, and has invested considerable time and money establishing exclusive proprietary rights in the GOOGLE mark for a wide range of goods and services. As a result of its efforts, the GOOGLE mark has become a famous mark and a property right of incalculable value.
    Also true. Google's trademark is of incalculable value. I would put it somewhere in the neighborhood of a million billion dollars. Remember kids, hyperbole in a legal notice would be silly and just not make any sense.

It has come to our attention that you have registered, without Google’s permission or authorization, the domain name googlegooglegooglegoogle.com, which references the GOOGLE trademark multiple times, and may lead to consumer confusion.
    I hope to never meet the consumer that actually gets things like this confused with actual Google websites, but okay. We'll just asume the lowest common denominator here.

Additionally, we have found that you hosting unauthorized copies of Google's homepage at this domain (googlegooglegooglegoogle.com) without prior permission or our consent.
    I might disagree with this on the basis that we were only hosting frames that retrieved Google for you, but alright, let's go with that. Our actions of hosting their exact content for purposes of entertainment are not doubt making their brand incredibly weak.

Your actions weaken and dilute the strength of the GOOGLE brand and tarnish the goodwill and reputation associated with that brand. In view of your infringement of our rights, we must demand that you provide written assurances within 7 days that you will:
    This is the part I love because it implies that a couple of punks who only wanted to amuse people and provide a moderately helpful service can tarnish the aforementioned "incalulable value" of Google. I think my ego just got stroked pretty hardcore.

1. Take immediate steps to transfer the above domain name, which is confusingly similar to Google's trademark, to Google
    Pass. I'll just hold onto it until the registration expires while complying with condition number 2.

2. Promptly stop the infringing use identified above and promise to refrain from such use in the future
    ATTENTION!

THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL GOOGLE WEBSITE!

THIS PAGE IS IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH GOOGLE!

THIS SITE WILL NEVER EVER HOST ANOTHER COPY OF GOOGLE!

UNLESS SOMEONE ELSE SNATCHES IT UP WHEN THE DOMAIN EXPIRES!

I CAN'T REALLY CONTROL THAT!

Sincerely,
    The Google Trademark Team
    SOURCE

New Wiki x4 Page
    Last edited by Anthon; Feb 13, 2010 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Updated with picture
    LAPTOP:- Alienware M11x C2D @1.7GHz, SATA 300GB HDD, nVidia GT 335M 1GB (dis.), Intel GMA HD-64MB (int.), 2GB DDR3 RAM @1066MHz, 1.3MP webcam Running Windows7 64bit
    MOBILE DEVICE:- SGS3 T999 dual core Qualcom Snapdragon @1.5GHz, 2GB RAM, 16GB (int. SD), Adreno 225 GPU, 8MP pri. cam, 1.9MP ff running Stock:4.0.4 UVLH2 modem