Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: USB Port Issue

what i want to know is that when you formatted the system did the ports started work?

i had a similar problem a few weeks ago. i even formated the system and the ports still did not work so i removed the CMOS battery since i could not find a specific setting in the BIOS
    then booted machine without it. then replaced it start in safe mode and then it began to work. the registry modifications seems cool though
    knowledge is not limited to one persons point of view as a result learning take place, also confrontations
    Digicel
    The Bigger, Better, Network.

Confucius say.. man who smoke pot, choke on handle.
    Confucius say.. man who raise hands to angry child, leave groin exposed.
    Confucius say.. man who pull woman's bra strap, may get bust in face.
    Confucius say.. man who put face in punchbowl, get punch in nose.
    Confucius say.. foolish man give wife grand piano, wise man give wife upright organ.

Yung_Jah Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    Did you try deleting the usb controllers and stuff in device manager?
    Yeah mon...and that didnt work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofe View Post
    is it usb 1.1 u were using? because i had a similar problem with that.. i thought it was just cuz it was old and i was trying to use usb 2.0 peripherals on it
    The motherboard is a USB 2.0. As said, the board was replaced...so its a new board.

Quote Originally Posted by techwizz View Post
    what i want to know is that when you formatted the system did the ports started work?

i had a similar problem a few weeks ago. i even formated the system and the ports still did not work so i removed the CMOS battery since i could not find a specific setting in the BIOS
    then booted machine without it. then replaced it start in safe mode and then it began to work. the registry modifications seems cool though
    After formatting, all the USB ports works fine. Remember I said I had tried the same board with another HDD to see whats what before formatting.