Thread: Media Database

Default Media Database

I searched but i didnt find anything...

Hypothetically speaking, lets say you have the following

60,000+ MP3s
    400+ MKV, avi, mpg, etc..
    thousands of pictures

Does anyone know of a fast media library that can support such a large library with as much of these features as possible:

Web interface that supports play lists and streaming
    DB Driven
    UPNP/DLNA
    Dont really care what OS it runs on

M$ media player is a good choice for smaller libraries but it is way too slow on larger libs.

Not sure about the "Web Interface" but you can try "Media Money" I find that it is good at sorting large quantities of audio not sure if it covers vids and photos since I only use it to handle my massive collection of some times random located music.
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

If you want to find and load all your stuff use EVERYTHING to find them and then make playlists with the media of your choice with the players of your choice.

www.voidtools.com
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

I decided to refine my search and i came across "The popcorn hour" http://www.popcornhour.com/onlinesto...option=catalog A few years ago they came up with the first model but it was underpowered and slow.

The latest model seems to be somewhat affordable and has a more powerful processor and the footprint is small enough, its not software but maybe in this case a decent hardware media player might be better.

I am also looking at just building two myself and calling it a day, I could run xbmc on top of linux http://xbmc.org/download/

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Not sure about the "Web Interface" but you can try "Media Money" I find that it is good at sorting large quantities of audio not sure if it covers vids and photos since I only use it to handle my massive collection of some times random located music.
    I think you meant "Media Monkey"?
    Confucious says "he who knows not and knows that he knows not, is a child, teach him"