Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: java newbie

I found the best way to learn java is just to start coding. You reading ahead is ok, but if you are serious download something like Eclipse or notepad++ and work through the various examples in your book (not just the ones assigned). Challenge yourself to learn new concepts and if your get stuck, Google answers all questions.

I find this site to be very useful: http://www.java2s.com/Code/Java/CatalogJava.htm along with the Java API docs.

how can reading ahead not be a good thing?

Yung_Jah Guest

It is a good thing when you read ahead....because when it is time for exams....you already know the stuff. And apart from that...you are better able to participate in classes, asking all the relevant questions.

But of courses your classmate (in their minds) will think that you are BRIGHT...

I should be doing Java as well...and I have no idea whats what....I did C++ and to tell you the truth...I dont remember one thing. So I really hope that doing Java wont be difficult.

As long as you have access to java docs, you'll find that Java is much easier than C and C++.
    .:] ^ [:.
    .:] Game IDs: xfire_ropy | BC:BC2_ropy | BC: 2142_ropy29 | BF3_ | steam_ropy09 | LoL_ropy09 | Origin_ropy29 [:.

Yung_Jah Guest

The sites that were provide above for Java...especially those loading as Oracle...aint working....saying Oracle undergoing some changes...

So would you have some Java docs that are extremely helpful? Wouldnt mind looking through some during this week.