Thread: RUMOUR: Nokia considering Palm acquisition?

Question RUMOUR: Nokia considering Palm acquisition?

Now we don't normally deal with that kind of rumors but this one is too interesting to let go. According to a leading financial website the world leading mobile phone manufacturer is interested in obtaining the troubled Palm.

The company standing behind the development of one of the most exciting touchscreen devices of the year - the Palm Pre, is going through a really rough patch lately and might just find an offer from Nokia too hard to refuse.

Despite having an R&D budget more than 10 times smaller than that of the Finnish giant, Palm managed to develop a touch-driven OS way more fluid and user-friendly than Symbian S60 5th edition. That makes such an acquisition quite sensible as it would allow Nokia to close the gap to its competitors much faster.

At this stage both companies refuse to comment on the rumors but we guess we will understand whether its true or not sooner rather than later.
    Source: http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_consid...-news-1136.php
    Lover of Technology, period!!||Currently loaded: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

jomo Guest

nokia needs help, their phones are great, but the os seems like a 5 year old made it

nokia is living in the past

I think would be good for them, they could use the palm Web OS to retire symbian Os from the higher segment to the lower segment.
    ZEN
    CPU CORE i7 6850k @ 4GHz, RAM Gskill 32GB DDR4 3200mhz, GPU Asus GTX1070 Aura Storage: Samsung 512GB 950 Pro M.2 SSD , 500GB EVO , Cooling & Power Corsair RM750i & H100i V2 Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Atx