Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Halo 3: ODST was ready for shipment in May

Quote Originally Posted by seanbee20 View Post
    These people who reserved these titles are die hearted fans of the title and purchased it because they know what enjoyment they get from playing Halo. Now to us this might be stupid but who are we to judge.

I paid $40USD for GT5P + $2500jmd to clear customs and if it had cost $60USD I would have also bought it cause I am a big fan of the series; now to these halo fans they might be saying to themselves, damn look at Sony rape those simulation junkies.... priceless.

At the end of the day though, who gives a sh*t. I work for my money so do they or their parents or whomever; can't they buy what makes them happy?

Funny thing though is that if this were a Sony PS3 title, you probably would be hearing how great the PS3 is that devs can take little over a year to complete a title because it is so easy to develop for and yet still the game sells millions.
    I hope they have a launch event here
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by seanbee20 View Post
    These people who reserved these titles are die hearted fans of the title and purchased it because they know what enjoyment they get from playing Halo. Now to us this might be stupid but who are we to judge.

I paid $40USD for GT5P + $2500jmd to clear customs and if it had cost $60USD I would have also bought it cause I am a big fan of the series; now to these halo fans they might be saying to themselves, damn look at Sony rape those simulation junkies.... priceless.

At the end of the day though, who gives a sh*t. I work for my money so do they or their parents or whomever; can't they buy what makes them happy?

Funny thing though is that if this were a Sony PS3 title, you probably would be hearing how great the PS3 is that devs can take little over a year to complete a title because it is so easy to develop for and yet still the game sells millions.
    Blah Blah Blah. Shall we just close the forums then cause Bee and him paady dem think everyone should keep dem opinions and ting to dem selves. Probably should go tell those guys talking about the new AMD cards and the whole amd and nvidia lineup in the hardware section to just quit it. Every man shud just buy wha dem waaan buy.

How much do you think GT5P is worth?

I wouldnt be praising sony dats for sure. I dont praise them for killzone 2 DLC nor LBP paid for DLC. If my money going to waste or get taken lightly, no praise round here.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

Quote Originally Posted by chig View Post
    wasnt it originally to cost only $30 but then they jacked it up to $60? Thats what I remember reading when it was first revealed last year

anyway, gamestop showin the first 60mins of it in 25mins
    http://www.gamespot.com/shows/today-...opslot;title;1
    hopefully the first 60mins is not the full game

it was going to be addon content that could not run without original halo 3 disc . Now it is a stand along game , that is why the price has gone up
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    it was going to be addon content that could not run without original halo 3 disc . Now it is a stand along game , that is why the price has gone up
    where u hear that? From wha i remember it was ALWAYS goin to be a standalone game that only offered as much as an expansion hence the initial $30 price point.
    Also, its on 2 DVDs so how exactly would it have been working with the halo 3 disc

"In a nutshell, Halo 3 Recon is essentially an expansion, but it is also a stand-alone retail product,"

^TGS 2008 announcement. If you remember where you saw it was going to be DLC for Halo 3 only and not a standalone game, I'm curious to see where you got that info.

Bungie design lead Joe Bertone says the game is "a three to five-hour expansion pack," with cinematic director Joe Staten saying "we do not view this as a $60 title."
    Last edited by chig; Sep 19, 2009 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by semitop View Post
    How much do you think GT5P is worth?

I wouldnt be praising sony dats for sure. I dont praise them for killzone 2 DLC nor LBP paid for DLC. If my money going to waste or get taken lightly, no praise round here.
    My perceived value for it when it was first announced was about $60, the value I place on it after purchasing and playing it, about $30.

Ignoring the other statements, can't argue with console minions. Sevennnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!
    Device: iPhone® 4S OS: v5