Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nokia N900

Default Nokia N900

The specs include a 3.5-inch 800x480 pixel (resistive) touchscreen, sliding QWERTY, 32GB of on-board storage expandable to 48GB via microSD, GPS/A-GPS, FM transmitter, TV-out, Bluetooth 2.1, WiFi, 1320mAh battery, and 5 megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss optics and dual-LED flash. Better yet, this monster MID brings the power of the ARM Cortex-A8, up to 1GB of application memory, and OpenGL ES 2.0 graphics acceleration to make quick work of polygons and what Nokia promises will be a "PC-like experience on a handset-sized device." It also brings a Mozilla-based Maemo browser with Adobe Flash 9.4 support.As expected, it'll be on display at Nokia World next week before this quad-band GSM/EDGE, 900/1700/2100MHz UMTS/HSPA handset heads to select markets in October for €500 (pre tax and pre carrier subsidy).
    http://www.engadget.com/2009/08/27/n...00-in-october/

Maemo 5 OS

http://maemo.nokia.com/
    Last edited by maf3000; Aug 27, 2009 at 08:31 AM.
    404 error: Signature Not Found

Yung_Jah Guest

Phone seems to have good spec....but who really can afford this? I think most people may be able to afford the N97.

For further spec, http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n900-2917.php
    Last edited by Yung_Jah; Aug 27, 2009 at 10:06 AM.

good not he word the specs are excellent i wish sony would make a phone affordable with these specs.............. although they made the idou but why is it takin so long to hit the streets

Who wants it and can afford it will buy it, out here ppl bought BBs for 70g or more whats the difference wid this? (it's actually cheaper...)
    adcampbell.daportfolio.com
    CRAC: 318-3265
    Making myself a better graphic artist, one drawing at a time.
    Core i7 4770K, 32GB DDR3 2133, GTX 660(waiting on GTX 780), 128GB 840 pro, 1TB WD BLACK

Yung_Jah Guest

Aight....and then someone rob them...

nokia Tabelts turn phones now...... i think this might be the solution to the unhappy touch screen fans of the N97

if this has office document support then it a go mad. Had a n800 and trust me it wicked sick still.
    DEO DUCE QAEURE OPTIMA: sigillum scholae ardenniensis

It should and it will do a bunch more take a look at the full spec sheet by following the link

Device Description:
    The Nokia N900 brings the power of computer to mobile devices. It’s a high performance mobile computer with advanced Maemo 5 software on Linux. Explore Nokia N900 features like multitasking on a live Dashboard, wide screen video capture, 3,5“ WVGA touch display (800 x 480 pixels), QWERTY keyboard and personalisable panorama desktop. The Nokia N900 also features 1 GB of application memory and up to 48GB of storage. Maemo browser is powered by Mozilla Technology and includes Adobe Flash 9.4 and full AJAX support. Wi-Fi and 3.5G connectivity provides fast access to Internet. Take high quality photos and wide screen videos using 5Mpix camera with Carl Zeiss optics. Tag photos and browse them using the tag cloud, and see where images were taken with the automatic geotagging. Merge your phone book, Skype contacts and other contacts into an all-in-one address book. And naturally, N900 has a phone application for voice calls.
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/N900
    adcampbell.daportfolio.com
    CRAC: 318-3265
    Making myself a better graphic artist, one drawing at a time.
    Core i7 4770K, 32GB DDR3 2133, GTX 660(waiting on GTX 780), 128GB 840 pro, 1TB WD BLACK

Default Microsoft & Nokia

Quote Originally Posted by docdibble View Post
    if this has office document support then it a go mad. Had a n800 and trust me it wicked sick still.
    Dont forget that microsoft will be linking up with nokia to do office for mobile. Plus you can already run document 2 go on these phones.
    "...men are that they might have joy."
    Nephi

Nokia a come wicked now, seen that iPhone, samsung, blackberry, htc all step up their game with mad internet, 3g devices. I love the pics of this new device, just hope it not too pricey.
    Deanroy Edwards
    Electrical Engineer, Mobile Phone and Computer Technician
    Contact: 869-5009 or BBPIN: 282C452C or email me at derk@derkgsmsolutions.com