Thread: H(i5)!

Wink H(i5)!

Intel's Core i5 750 spotted in the box; removed and photographed

If you're itching to get your hands on Intel's latest mid-range supremo, here's another good sign. Last week it was a dual-retail listing of the so-called 570 entrant of the upcoming Core i5 line, now we have pictures of the 750's retail box and specs -- making us wonder if, perhaps, those two retailers don't share a case of mild dyslexia. This new source has a definite case of Русский язык, but from what we can glean from our high-school Russian lessons (and a little help from The Googles) this is, again, a 2.66GHz chip with 8MB of cache that's due in the very near future. This site mentions the price as "estimated at $196," a bit cheaper than we've seen so far and perhaps good tidings for bargains to come. Stay tuned for more info on that front, but go ahead and click on over for more pictures of this chip and its companion heat sink.

from engadget

I cant believe still makin those dumb *** heatsinks.

Pity these won't work on the i7 motherboards would be nice to see how they would perform one of those boards.
    Respawned: Asrock Z77 EX6_i5 2500K_XSPC Watercooled_16GB Vengence DDR3_2xCrucial M4 64gb ssd Raid0(os) 3TBs(stor)_Corsair AX860_MSI GTX 760_2x Asus 23.6" LED_Win8
    Computers-Incredibly fast accurate & stupid. Humans-Incredibly slow,inaccurate & brilliant. Together we are powerful beyond imagination