Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Radeon driver question

Default Radeon driver question

is it a one for all driver, or diff driver for diff cards........ i think is diff driver for diff cards, but a gentleman insists i is one for all. he wants me to download an updated driver for his card.

PS. i dont knw what type of card!!!!!!
    Back to square one....., back off the ground now........

They u usually release drivers for a series of cards. The supported cards are listed in the release notes when ur downloading the drivers.

For example.........ATI Catalyst 9.7 supports the following cards :

AMD Desktop Product Family Support

ATI Radeon™ HD 4890 Series ATI Radeon™ HD 4550 Series
    ATI Radeon™ HD 4870 X2 Series ATI Radeon™ HD 4350 Series
    ATI Radeon™ HD 4850 X2 Series ATI Radeon™ HD 3800 Series
    ATI Radeon™ HD 4800 Series ATI Radeon™ HD 3600 Series
    ATI Radeon™ HD 4700 Series ATI Radeon™ HD 3400 Series
    ATI Radeon™ HD 4670 Series ATI Radeon™ HD 2900 Series
    ATI Radeon™ HD 4650 Series ATI Radeon™ HD 2600 Series
    ATI Radeon™ HD 4600 Series ATI Radeon™ HD 2400 Series

AMD Multimedia Family Product Support

ATI Theater™ 550 PRO ATI Theater 650™
    ATI All-in-Wonder™ HD ATI Theater 600™

Note: ATI All-in-Wonder™ boards operate with AMD’s Windows Vista ready display and capture drivers under the Windows Vista
    operating system. However, the Windows Vista Media Center application does not support TV/Capture functionality provided by
    the ATI All-in-Wonder™. TV/Capture functionality is qualified to function with Snapstream’s BeyondTV 4.6 for Windows Vista. Other
    third party solutions (such as Arcsoft’s Total Media 3) may support TV/Capture with the ATI All-in-Wonder™, but these applications
    have not been fully tested by AMD.

AMD FireStream Product Family Support

AMD FireStream™ 9270 AMD FireStream™ 9170
    AMD FireStream™ 9250

AMD Chipset Product Support

ATI Radeon™ HD 3300 Series ATI Radeon™ 3100 Series
    ATI Radeon™ HD 3200 Series ATI Radeon™ 3000 Series
    Last edited by sk@tta; Aug 5, 2009 at 12:34 PM.

Well Dan as stated by Sk@tta the drivers are released in series but there are also different drivers for different cards e.g. 4800 Series drivers would be for 4850, 4870, 4890 but there would be different drivers for the 3800 Series 3850, 3860 etc...
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Well Dan as stated by Sk@tta the drivers are released in series but there are also different drivers for different cards e.g. 4800 Series drivers would be for 4850, 4870, 4890 but there would be different drivers for the 3800 Series 3850, 3860 etc...
    let me get this str8. the Catalyst 9.7 is released for those cards listed, however, each series of cards have a diff version of the Catalyst 9.7. is that it?

Hmmm......., i just noticed i have this in the wrong section. sorry!
    Last edited by danthony; Aug 5, 2009 at 01:14 PM.
    Back to square one....., back off the ground now........

Quote Originally Posted by danthony View Post
    let me get this str8. the Catalyst 9.7 is released for those cards listed, however, each series of cards have a diff version of the Catalyst 9.7. is that it?

Hmmm......., i just noticed i have this in the wrong section. sorry!
    Yes Dan to my knowledge that is the case, I have never experimented with it so I could be wrong and you could run "Belarc Advisor" on his computer or "cpug".
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

To my knowledge AMD releases a driver pack to support all their cards. If ur card is not listed in the release notes then that means they just stop updating drivers for your card. Which is most times the really old cards.

If that was the case Sk@tta I don't think they would go through the unnecessary chore of making a section for ever series and version of the cards that in itself would be counter productive.

Quote Originally Posted by sk@tta View Post
    To my knowledge AMD releases a driver pack to support all their cards. If ur card is not listed in the release notes then that means they just stop updating drivers for your card. Which is most times the really old cards.
    You are right.....If the card is not included in the release note that means they dont support it anymore..........as in the case of my x1300 (in an old Dell System I have)

Actually Roku you just have to go deeper in the site

http://support.amd.com/us/psearch/Pa...ords=&items=20

Above are the drivers for the x1300. They keep a list of all the video drivers some are just in the archive section.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Actually Roku you just have to go deeper in the site

http://support.amd.com/us/psearch/Pa...ords=&items=20

Above are the drivers for the x1300. They keep a list of all the video drivers some are just in the archive section.
    Ok Thanks a lot man..............will have to try these as soon as I get back to Jamaica..............