Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ha ha PS2 PWNS!!

Default ha ha PS2 PWNS!!

Still the king after all these years.

The PS2 is outselling the PS3 and the PSP for the first quarter of 2009 announced Sony in their latest financial report.

Incredibly, a price-cut to the PS2 to $100 has kept the system selling in it’s 9th year on the marketplace. Sales of the system grew from 1.5 million last year to 1.6 million this quarter. Which is a slight increase and not a whole lot, but enough to keep it above the 1.1 million sales of the PlayStation 3. It’s also higher than the 1.3 million in sales of the PSP, which had a huge decline year-over-year from 3.7 million last year.

It’ll be interesting to see if Sony will lower the price of the PS3, something that analysts have been calling for them to do for quite a while now. But so far Sony has remained iron-fisted on keeping the price as is.

So who just bought one?

I'm waiting until demember after 3q2009.

Nobody plays old games? Ps3 sales picking up? Wait until pezz sees this piece of fail cake, lol.
    Last edited by owen; Aug 3, 2009 at 08:12 PM.

I'm surprised it's still selling that much, but given the economy it's understandable. Since the PS3's lack PS2 support these days that could also be a major factor, whether that was the right decision or not I'm not really bothered but Sony must know what they're doing.

You also have to consider the time of year as December-March was slow for the PS3 as not many high profile games were released in that period and the PS2 saw it's price cut.

That's why I always keep up my PS2. PS2 still rocks for. BTW, how scarface never work Saturday gone? Never know game technician tek holiday. My ps2 needs some service, having shorts problem with my mod chip.
    'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

Follow Me: @psybuck2002us

Quote Originally Posted by chig View Post
    I'm surprised it's still selling that much, but given the economy it's understandable. Since the PS3's lack PS2 support these days that could also be a major factor, whether that was the right decision or not I'm not really bothered but Sony must know what they're doing.

You also have to consider the time of year as December-March was slow for the PS3 as not many high profile games were released in that period and the PS2 saw it's price cut.
    good post chig....the ps2 is still a major system, i play a couple games from time to time on it and there are still lots of games i want to play.

Sony definitely knows what they are doing, they are thinking business (which lot of us don't understand.

thats y i need to get back a ps2 console.
    This Year Mi Want Fi Rich Yeah Mi Want Fi Meck Some Money Tired A The Heartache Tired A The Worries