Thread: Forza Developer Using Bribes to Skew CNET Poll Results?!

Default Forza Developer Using Bribes to Skew CNET Poll Results?!

We live in a very competitive world, and this is apparent in the video game industry where publishers and developers are constantly trying to get a leg up on their competition, whether it’s through clever marketing or brilliant feats of engineering. But what is NOT acceptable is when a publisher or developer uses bribes to gain an advantage. Che Chou, the community manager at Turn 10, has done exactly this, and we feel compelled to inform our readers about the dishonest tactics that the Forza Motorsport developer has chosen to carry out.

Here is Chou’s post on the Forza forums:

“Hey all. Apparently, CNET.com is having a face-off between Forza and GT. We all know which game is we’d like to see win, so go here: http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13746_7-10256571-48.html

And vote for Forza Motorsport 3! Afterwards, come to this thread and post a message letting us know you’ve done it. We’ll gift you a random unicorn! It’s that easy. Do it now!”

So what’s a “unicorn”? It’s a very rare type of car in Forza 2 that can only be found in the game’s Auction House. Some of them are sold for millions of credits, and are comprised of a handful of vehicles, including the 2005 Lotus Exige Espionage, and 2000 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME. So the fact that Turn 10 is giving these out for free to users who vote for Forza over Gran Turismo in CNET’s poll is a very big deal.

You can check out the Forza bribery forum thread here, where you can literally see feedback on how the poll’s results steadily turned in favor of Forza 3. Here are just a few of the comments you can find from the thread’s posters.

MorroidaZico:

“Done voting for Forza. But man, honestly, us Forza lovers know how better Forza is as a game, but for those who have no idea what a racing simultator is or what the two franchises are all about, the GT video looks a lot more appealing.”

LightnigWarr:

“Ha ha, you’re bribing us with a nice car …. I like it.”

Trystan Spyder:

“What are we basing these votes on? I’m not sure CNET would be happy to know that the developer of Forza were bribing people for votes.”

Lnin0:

“I voted Forza 3 but I have to say based on the trailers GT looks more impressive.”

Here’s what we’d like to know at PSLS: What’s your opinion on this matter? Is it fair to give out freebies in order to skew poll results? Let us know in the comment section below.

116 pages and over 20 posts per page in the forum = 2000 votes. And gran turismo still winning. LOL
    Last edited by semitop; Jun 11, 2009 at 11:42 AM.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

Quote Originally Posted by semitop View Post

116 pages and over 20 posts per page in the forum = 20000 votes. And gran turismo still winning. Lol
    u know gt5 using back gt3 physics right??? LOL IF NOT IT SEEMS TOO CLOSE I USED TO LIVE ON GT TIL FORZA COME OUT THEN I HAD A TRUE FEEL OF A SIM GAME. GT JUST HAVE THE LOOKS AND THE CARS. ASK SEANBEE20 CUZ HE ALSO KNOWS THIS, BUT THEN AGAIN THE FANBOYS WILL SAY SUMN ELSE SO LETS WAIT AND SEE. MY VOTE IS FORZA
    If You Talk About That Of Whom In Which We Do Not Speak,Have We Not Spoken Of That Of Which We Do Not Talk??

Soon Drop:P

Core i7 920
    GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD3R-SLI
    G.SKILL Trident 6GB DDR3 2000

My vote is forza as well , the GT prologue 5 was completely boring I hope the finish product is much much better.
    ZEN
    CPU CORE i7 6850k @ 4GHz, RAM Gskill 32GB DDR4 3200mhz, GPU Asus GTX1070 Aura Storage: Samsung 512GB 950 Pro M.2 SSD , 500GB EVO , Cooling & Power Corsair RM750i & H100i V2 Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Atx

Forza for the win in my opinion and this from a huge fan of the GT series back in the day
    Device: iPhone® 4S OS: v5