Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Secrets of E3

Default Secrets of E3

Perhaps the first big splash of E3 was Kojima getting up on stage at the Xbox 360 conference and announcing Metal Gear Solid: Rising for the console. Some gamers were surprised, although most had seen it coming. Sony, however, was in shock. It was completely blind-sided by the announcement, finding out about it at the exact moment that the rest of us did: when Kojima walked on stage. My understanding is that a seven hour internal meeting occurred in the higher echelons of Sony soon afterwards. It rewrote a significant portion of the following day’s Sony conference which was to make a big splash about Metal Gear Solid: Rising. I heard a whisper that a ‘favour’ was called in and Square Enix agreed to air the FFXIV trailer where initially it was to be held off to a Wednesday morning Square Enix showing.

“You can’t have a rally game without snow” is what I told Codemasters as I got stuck into a far better handling DiRT sequel. ”We’re working on getting that in there” was the answer.

Resident Evil 5’s DLC was very close to becoming an Xbox 360 exclusive. This had nothing to do with Microsoft spending money, and everything to do with Sony charging developers a hefty fee for each piece of DLC downloaded. As it was told to me; there is a cut off point where a game’s popularity makes it not worth putting on PSN – the more something is downloaded, the more it costs. An eleventh hour agreement from Sony to allow Capcom free downloads saved the day.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 is most certainly on the cards. While chatting to some of the lads from LucasArts I spoke about how spin-offs like Clone Wars and LEGO seemed to be the primary focus now. Not so. I was told that these games are completely different tangents and do not affect the team working on The Force Unleashed SKU. The original sold a mighty five million units, and when I pushed on whether they were happy with its use of DMM and Euphoria they agreed it was a 1st-generation attempt and it has really come along since then

Modern Warfare 2 runs on the IW4.0 game engine. The engine’s key improvements are in the detail to the character models and weapons, and in the handline of lighting. The co-op mode does not follow the campaign, but actually just gives you random missions to fulfil as a team, some of which are inspired by the single-player and some of which are not. Unfortunately the World at War style of black boxes around the split-screen is in effect. I asked during the co-op demo why they do this and was told it was simply so the user could determine where their screen started and ended – it has nothing to do with improving performance as I had assumed. I went on to beg that they give the option to the user as to whether they want the black box or not and idea, it seemed, had not occurred to them. Fingers-crossed.

Final Fantasy XIII does not look like being released at the resolution its awesome graphics demand. At the Sony Press Conference, the company made a big deal about the size of the screen they were using and how no other game console could display its products at such a size. It then went on to only show a handful of games at the full screen size (such as the Game of the Show, Uncharted 2) to prove it. FFXIII was not one of those games though, and operated in a picture within a picture mode suggesting a lower resolution.
    ---- http://www.gameplayer.com.au/gp_docu...E3.aspx?Page=4
    Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear.
    You do not know whereof you speak,and your words are empty things.
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

http://twitter.com/nestersan

sony was shocked LOL, well i guess we all knew mgs was coming to 360, poor sony had to change plans for the next day
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Sony was in shock about a game being developed for PC, ps3 and xbox360? A game thats not even a true MGS? If they never had the game as an exclusive they woulda known anything cud happen.

This article is the authors opinion?

Jeez... reading this crap i have to wonder why u wud post it... .
    At the Sony Press Conference, the company made a big deal about the size of the screen they were using and how no other game console could display its products at such a size. It then went on to only show a handful of games at the full screen size (such as the Game of the Show, Uncharted 2) to prove it. FFXIII was not one of those games though, and operated in a picture within a picture mode suggesting a lower resolution.
    thats good technical deduction there moron. Like they cant show vids at any res they want. Oh, maybe the ps3 was running all those games in real time during all the presentations...

Is crap like this make me have to start defend ps3.

RE5 DLC? The one i was complaining should be free? If they gonna charge for it, then they must pay to put it on. Capcom the milkman, they looking greedy in some places and decently smart in others. The problem is how much profit u are looking for. The fee isnt high for each download and would definitely profit the developer more than not having it there in the first place. Capcom was just being greedy pressuring sony into giving them a few cents more on each download.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

mybe we will have some nice multiplayer action on the 360 version of mgs
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Nice article, but did it happen like how it was stated in the article, thats a huge egg in the face if SONY allowed themselves to be shocked like that, I thought they'd have paid to know these things before hand.
    Only we can save us.

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    mybe we will have some nice multiplayer action on the 360 version of mgs
    Multiplayer on the ps3 is not bad at all, and its FREE... and getting better

No koyote i doubt thats what happened. It doesn't make sense u be shocked about a game that doesn't "belong" to u. It would take some huge payment from ms to change that at the last minute to even slightly surprise the console maker.
    All rights reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by KoyoteGambit View Post
    Nice article, but did it happen like how it was stated in the article, thats a huge egg in the face if SONY allowed themselves to be shocked like that, I thought they'd have paid to know these things before hand.
    it is all true semi is just going thru the reaction of fanboys it is physx

Jedicro posted:It's one of the laws of physics.

For every fanboy action there is an equal and opposite fanboy reaction.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

Dude...you are a real joker. So because it is coming to 360 it is not a "REAL Metal gear game" ?

So all the other that were ported to PC and 360 are not real games either ? I suppose only the Ps3 version is legit ?

The first Metal gear was on the MSX2 console.. So if we follow your silly reasoning, then NO other Metal Gear game is a "real" Game...

do better...
    Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear.
    You do not know whereof you speak,and your words are empty things.
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

http://twitter.com/nestersan

Wont have the same gameplay as mgs. Maybe 3rd person shooter, adventure, maybe even side scroller. Still not mgs...

Lol is its a card game ^_^
    All rights reserved.

I just saw the MGS demo. I like the new concepts they brought (key hole thingy). im looking forward to playing this one as i wasnt a fan of MGS b4