Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wii-Dom!!!

wii.live07 Guest

Default Wii-Dom!!!

No doubt that the Wii dominates over many parts of the world. Jamaicans have taken to technology, especially cell phones and camera phones, but has the Wii defeated the laptops used for gaming or the gaming rigs? Once people used to burn games from friends but not anymore. I wonder if the Wiis have taken off in Jamaica and what are the real reasons for investing in Wiis and Wii games? Does it affect the upgrading of a laptop or desktop after they have served their purpose? Primarily for work and games... I am planning on getting one. Apparently I am the only one who has N64 ROMs anyways so it's time to move on to the Wii. Anyone here loves the Mario Galaxy? Or Paper Mario and can I use my existing Logitech Digital USB gamepad with my Wii? Hope so but I want to hear from my tech forum members out there. Is burning games a thing of the past with people being able to use their own money from work more now than before when they were kids and had to use birthday money? Even emulators suck. Would you buy a Wii if you can play the same games on Project64 or Dolwin on your PC. After all Nintendo games are on the Virtual console and you can surf the web with a Wii. I hope it isn't difficult if it doesn't have a keyboard. What % of you out there own a Wii or plan to get one or know people who do?

Hi Wii.live07

I advise you to get a wii you wont regret it Unfortunately you can't use your Logitech Digital USB gamepad with the wii. You can use a wireless gamecube controller for some games.

The wii is hackable so you can play all your roms on your wii for FREE Also the wii does support USB Keyboard am using one right now to write this post.

MARIO GALAXY is the SH*T!!!! You wont stop play it until you beat it. That what happen to me and my girlfriend (who does not like games). So get a wii. Now HDD is compatible so you don't really need disk. You can even copy the original games to the HDD. HURRY AND JOIN THE FUN!!!

"WII CAME AND WII CONQUER!!!!

Venom
    fr St. Mary

Personally for me, the Wii was an excellent investment. I can now get my kids and wife to play along with me. Here are some things I got for my Wii:

- Wii Balance board
    - Zapper
    - Wii Wheels (Mario Kart)
    - Wii Classics remote (playing older games)
    - Opera browser (purchased online)

....plus the various games. The collection is made up of the following:

- Wii Play
    - Paper Mario
    - Mario Galaxy
    - Wario Moves
    - WiiFit

I had some more, but traded for newer games.

I dont think we can compare what the Wii does vs that of a computer. Since the Wii has the motion capability, you can't replicate that on your computer.
    Last edited by zandex; Apr 23, 2009 at 08:59 PM.
    Be what's next!

wii.live07 Guest

Does the Wii package come with a classic controller?

Quote Originally Posted by wii.live07 View Post
    Does the Wii package come with a classic controller?
    No thats a separate purchase, $24US. Remember that you can play those old games with the standard controller that comes with the Wii, I just wanted to feel a little old-school (retro).
    Last edited by zandex; Apr 24, 2009 at 08:17 AM.
    Be what's next!

Overall its fairly easy to use. You won't be able to burn disks and give to friends (out of the box) because its not the same thing as a laptop, nowadays software protection on consoles makes it harder to do so most normal people HAVE TO BUY the games they want. Expect games on the wii to be on the easy side.

There is now that HDD option. I think it's the best solution. Test it out and see.

Venom

I'm planning to get one as soon as funds become available. Tryin to sell the rest of my family on it so they can help me to pay for it. They'll love the fitness games i'm sure.
    --- Bless, 24 HRS !!

@24hrs

I do agree that you should get one. I assure you that you wont regret it

Venom

Are we stilll on this topic? I thought the dude got that ages ago and now in the process of waiting on the new model...
    Be what's next!