Thread: Why charge me in US

Default Why charge me in US

Long time i dont post in here

Why LIME charging me for internet service in USD ... with the price of the dollor slipping bills just getting higher and higher, some law in jamaica should protect us agaist companies charging for monthly services in US Dollars
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

well you answered your own question..

the higher the exchange rate is, the more money for dem..lol

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    some law in jamaica should protect us agaist companies charging for monthly services in US Dollars
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

They transact some of their business in $USD, also as said before, the history of the dollar
    ratio lead them to do this to generate more revenue.
    |--- www.RealJamaicaEstate.com ™ ---|
    Invest small = small returns [micro enterprise] | Invest Big = returns Big [macro enterprise]
    --- www.fashionsJAMAICA.com ™ -|- www.ChampsJamaica.com

I'm a residential FLOW customer. I get billed in J$. But FLOW business customers are billed in US$. It has already been stated that a lot of the costs for these carriers are in US$, and I understand that. The thing I hate most is when businesses use exchange rates which are wildly different from bank rates. (restaurants, gas stations and tourist-focussed shops are the worst offenders). FLOW and CWJ appear to use a pretty tight spread on their exchange rate. I haven't worked out how they determine the precise rate for the previous month's bill though.

Just my two cents worth...

Only some of their costs are US$ based. Staff costs are J$ (staff get paid J$) so it is a rip in some form or fashion. What is worse is that when it comes time for a refund they don't mention anything about US.

What we should be noting is that the US price for their service is already waaay too high for what we actually get.

Quote Originally Posted by Pothole View Post
    I'm a residential FLOW customer. I get billed in J$. But FLOW business customers are billed in US$. It has already been stated that a lot of the costs for these carriers are in US$, and I understand that. The thing I hate most is when businesses use exchange rates which are wildly different from bank rates. (restaurants, gas stations and tourist-focussed shops are the worst offenders). FLOW and CWJ appear to use a pretty tight spread on their exchange rate. I haven't worked out how they determine the precise rate for the previous month's bill though.

Just my two cents worth...
    Exactly far as i know they using the highest exchange rate .. id love to see the dollor stablise to 20:1 lol ... you see how quick theyd start charge us in JMD
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

i dont think it had to be billed in USD, but maybe it appear competitive, next they can use pound sterling, it wil appear smaller that way and more competitive
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

I remember reading that it is actually illegal to bill in USD, but not 100% sure