Thread: ultra VNC Querie

Lightbulb ultra VNC Querie

Does anyone know how to use VNC to connect to a machine over the internet cuz I got it to work on a LAN(after hours of head ache) but the way I did it was using IPs and that won't work over the net.
    Or does anyone know of one that is better and/or simpler.
    I use to use "Log me in" but I want something software based and not have to depend on "log me in" server. If you can tell me of one that is as easy as "log me in" that would be great.
    DO ONTO OTHERS BEFORE THEY DO ONTO YOU!!!

First, please don't double post. You posted this message in two forums.

If you are trying to connect to machine over the internet you will need to know the public IP address of the Internet connection, be able to open ports on your firewall, and forward the relevant ports through your NAT. If you don't know what those are, we can walk you through it. Just tell us what you understand and we'll take you the rest of the way.

But for starters, take a look at this guide.
    The answer you seek is *+5,2*3,2
    Check out my blog: http://rants.andreobrown.com

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by nder View Post
    First, please don't double post. You posted this message in two forums.

If you are trying to connect to machine over the internet you will need to know the public IP address of the Internet connection, be able to open ports on your firewall, and forward the relevant ports through your NAT. If you don't know what those are, we can walk you through it. Just tell us what you understand and we'll take you the rest of the way.

But for starters, take a look at this guide.
    Aint there any that work just like "Log me in"? But just PC based.
    I don't want to have to type in the IP every time cuz if it's not a static IP system then i'll be F'd cuz they'll always be changing
    DO ONTO OTHERS BEFORE THEY DO ONTO YOU!!!

Read the guide dude.
    The answer you seek is *+5,2*3,2
    Check out my blog: http://rants.andreobrown.com

Quote Originally Posted by crosses View Post
    Aint there any that work just like "Log me in"? But just PC based.
    You previously said that you don't want to rely on Logmein's central server and now you are asking if there aren't any PC software based ones that work just like them. You are confusing

First off, Logmein works because it behaves like a gateway to the machine you want to connect to. That PC constantly polls Logmein's servers to tell it which IP address it currently has. Whether that IP is public or private it does not matter because once the PC can reach Logmein, Logmein uses that same connection (route) to access the PC. e.g. @work, host PC -> Proxy -> Logmein, while the connecting client@anywhereintheworld goes PC -> Logmein -> Proxy -> work PC.

That is not possible without something acting as a central gateway so give up on trying to find software that behaves exactly the same. Just follow the instructions that nder posted and you will be fine.