Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: UTECH Comp Sci. Degree now needs 2 A'-Levels

Default Re: UTECH Comp Sci. Degree now needs 2 A'-Levels

Why unu muss dis UWI so???? Maybe cos some of the people there are not as hungry for knowledge as the UTECH students. UWI was up until competition start bite.....like an institute which only previleged or really smart students went. Smart students are normally booksmart because they have a photographic memory. Now the diversity has widened and the next generation of programmers ago tek the industry by storm.

mi haffi seh that still....cos I'm among them...but seriosuly still.....UTECH need a so-called edge but unil you come UWI's graduation then you can't really brag about Digicel's attendance. Maybe is these same UTECH students screwing up the network and sending it to the dogs

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate

LOL Xenocrates!!!

If you know me.....then you know i respect you to the fullest but i'm just tired of hearing UWI bashing. i go to UWI because I get tuition waiver there because my mom works there. My peeps can't afford to send me, my sister, my stepmom and my mom to UWI all at the same time. Are you implying that we are at severe disadvantage because the quality o learning is inferior to UTECH? Well if you did attend UWI's graduation and made a comparison then your argument would be a tad more plausible.

I know I'm gonna get a bashing for committing blasphemy against the great XENOCRATES.....forgive me if i don't bow down to your superior intelligence quotient but thats just my opinion which i'm allowed to express which brings me to the my final statement; Lets just agree to disagree!

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate

Talking Re: UTECH Comp Sci. Degree now needs 2 A'-Levels

UTECH rules UWI drools get over it .... hheeeheehe
    just kiddin

Quote Originally Posted by Xenocrates
    I ask you, what's the point of being highly regarded, if no one understands what they're highly regarding you for? That's like worshipping an idol made of gold because it reflects more light than one made of rock. I don't crave fame my friend. I crave knowledge, wisdom and hard cold facts. Please forgive me if others feel that is a highly admirable thing.
    Xeno babes.. u deptid sah...
    Last edited by Liquid Bunny; Mar 6, 2005 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Bunny
    UTECH rules UWI drools get over it .... hheeeheehe
    just kiddin
    i have a strong feeling you meant that liquid. anyways mi dun talk, utech anyday ova uwi str8.

peace im out....

@ Xeno

To each is own. Do what you must. We will all meet in the same working environment because we are all in the same field so its all left to time....the greatest revelator!

@Bunny....wabbit

Um....i too feel you mean it but oh well.....freedom of speech so you're allowed to voice your opinion.

@ Everybody
    You reap what you sow.
    If you make up your mind and do the work....then none is really better.....!!!!
    Quit sticking to the syllabi and swatting past papers to pass. Do some peripheral readings. That will make you more rounded in your field.

LOL...@ Xeno once more!

Hats off to you sir. I'm not being sarcastic!

Um...where are the posts by xeno to which i was referring to????????
    What is goin on TechJam???

OK. Ppl lets not start that back up again. 10 pages later and we are still doing this? WHY WHY WHY! Just agree to disagree, geez.
    "It is better to have tried and failed than to never have tried at all."

Quote Originally Posted by SQLDBA
    Also a issue i have never heard being addressed is the Fact that Most Utech Lecturers are UWI graduates.There was a time when persons with Diplomas Lectured at Cast.Comparing both institutions i l that the difference is depth versus breadth.I feel UWI comp sci graduates will be better able to create new innovations in the computing industry.

IT is like comparing a CIT graduate to a University Comp Sci student who has just completed say 18 months of studies, at that point the CIT gradiate will be more employable because "he can hit the gorund running" but in the end who will have more potential to move to higher gorund ?

A lot of people are coders but do not understand how a Translator or Compiler works ,why is this info important ?,With large system optimization is often necessary amd the inner workings of a development platform is crucial.
    SQL, I Totally agree with u. Most of the IT courses around are geared at getting you a first job but not necessarily to rise to another level of understanding of the fundamental technologies and priciples that govern the technologies they use on a day to day basis. I think that this is the diff between UWI graduates and UTECH, etc. Utech does Enterprise computing which is very relevant today. However, UWI teaches u the fundamentals of algoriths etc that are consistent through all languages and platforms. Therefore it does not take take alot of time for us to learn new languages or technologies. From what i know, Utech, Exced graduates are programmed to work in one area and may not do well elsewhere. But UWI graduates and very rounded.

If I was an emplyer, I would only hier IT persons to do simple taks. Things that i want done in 2 weeks or less. But if i need some1 that will uplift my organisation and is able to adapt to new technologies very quicly then I would def. go for the Computer Scientist from UWI.

Thats a very good Point. UTECH Lecturers are UWI graduate or MSc Computer Science Candidates. Thats a fact.
    *** Only the $trong will $urvive ***

Quote Originally Posted by digimar
    OK. Ppl lets not start that back up again. 10 pages later and we are still doing this? WHY WHY WHY! Just agree to disagree, geez.
    Why? The thread is not closed. Thanks for the input SQLDBA...but where is XENO??? "O brother, where art thou?" I would love to hear his comments now!