Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sony's PS3 A Sinking Ship: Sales Plummet

what hardware limitations....All that space age technology with no one who wants to make games for it except the 1.5 party devs...cry sob.. boo hoo.

It's a shame no one is buying the PS3 to see the 10-D graphics leaping out into their living rooms.

As for graphics, the PS2 was the worst of the last gen and was the winner, so apparantely the UFO tech that Sony is using now is not what the consumers want...
    Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear.
    You do not know whereof you speak,and your words are empty things.
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

http://twitter.com/nestersan

Quote Originally Posted by Nestersan View Post
    what hardware limitations....All that space age technology with no one who wants to make games for it except the 1.5 party devs...cry sob.. boo hoo.

It's a shame no one is buying the PS3 to see the 10-D graphics leaping out into their living rooms.

As for graphics, the PS2 was the worst of the last gen and was the winner, so apparantely the UFO tech that Sony is using now is not what the consumers want...
    Nobody was *****ing about ps2 hardware problems at the time were they? stating the games can surpass the competitor just counters that claim that u all keep making. as for sales, nintendo needed a gimick like they have now with the wii to get the cube to sell. Xbox was just a computer in the living room, was ugly as fk, couldn't play dvds without control.

Hardware aside the ps3 developers can easily make the crap games that are on the wii; pushing the console is what is hard, making a less demanding yet fun game (little big planet) is easy. If they know what the new generation of gamers want they can easily do it A decent amount of blame can be placed on developers (take pc gaming for one, they say its dying but don't provide us with compelling games). For most of the intelligent folk the ps3 is it tho.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

lol..It is a shame that the average user is not as smart as you then huh, because they not only buy the Xbox360 but buy 8-9 games for it, so it has the highest attach rate of all the consoles, making the game publishers happy.

Sales speak for themselves..PS3 the console of the lonely Elite. Whoot.

The PS2 was VERY hard to create games for as well, but guess what, with the crazy profits to be made by the huge install base of the PS2, developers bore it, cause they could be driving Ferrari's in a couple months.

The PS3 does not have the install base, and Xbox360 is much easier to code for.

Sales figures and attach rates speak for themselves.

You know, you can say what u like about the magic Cell subsystem, you can't code for it and you don't. You not under-staffed, and facing crunch time to have a product launched to meet sales forecasts. You dont have the Xbox360 version done, and have to be struggling with RSX and memory constraints when you should be home with family.

What you can do however is listen to Sony tell you to get another job to buy the PS3, and have them show you pre-rendered CGi and pass it off as realtime play.

Sony doing remarkably well, from 120 Million PS2's to 17 Million PS3's.

I bet is on purpose...
    Last edited by Nestersan; Dec 14, 2008 at 01:27 PM.
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

lol..It is a shame that the average user is not as smart as you then huh, because they not only buy the Xbox360 but buy 8-9 games for it, so it has the highest attach rate of all the consoles, making the game publishers happy.

How many good game developers are out there? The ones who actually innovate and don't just repeat the same ****e with a new face? Guess they hoping that gamers change with generations and what was old becomes new. They can be happy if they make good games and don't hope its easy to make so-so games. U can make a good console but if u are relying on a bunch of lazy pssies to develop for it u not going anywhere. Does xbl make the crap more palatable?

Whats stopping ms and sony doing what nintendo does? The wii has atleast 3 controllers now. so why can't the others introduce something to allow a different type of game?

The PS2 was VERY hard to create games for as well, but guess what, with the crazy profits to be made by the huge install base of the PS2, developers bore it, cause they could be driving Ferrari's in a couple months.

The PS3 does not have the install base, and Xbox360 is much easier to code for.

Sales figures and attach rates speak for themselves.

You know, you can say what u like about the magic Cell subsystem, you can't code for it and you don't. You not under-staffed, and facing crunch time to have a product launched to meet sales forecasts. You dont have the Xbox360 version done, and have to be struggling with RSX and memory constraints when you should be home with family.

What you can do however is listen to Sony tell you to get another job to buy the PS3, and have them show you pre-rendered CGi and pass it off as realtime play.

Sony doing remarkably well, from 120 Million PS2's to 17 Million PS3's.

I bet is on purpose...
    Ok... so... why? Why is it doing badly? u just said the ps2 was hard to code for as well but with that difficulty why was there the install base? Was it totally because it was released first?
    Last edited by semitop; Dec 14, 2008 at 01:36 PM.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

I ordered my Wii last weekend, it was delivered with Zelda Twilight Princess on Thursday and Friday and will reach me next Sunday.
    i am sorry Sony, didn't mean to hurt you guys, but i just wanna have fun, not into the politics.
    hope that bluray thing works out for you guys.
    the Wii gimmick is pretty interesting tho, that constantly sold out gimmick... gotta give it to the marketing people, they hit it outta the park on that one.
    Do nothing which is of no use.
    The Way is in Training.

If the PS3 delights you, then join the other 17 Million people out there and get one.

I am reporting sales..Go argue your case with john public who ain't buying it.
    Everyone has increased sales but Sony sales in decline. You figure it out, and then tell Sony, I am sure they will be happy.
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

btw, speaking of Sales.. did anyone see any reduced priced Wii selling lately, circa Black Friday etc?
    i note that Sony and Xbox consoles are dirt cheap right now, but the Wii is still MSRP US$250 and EBAYin at closer to US$350 and $400.
    Do nothing which is of no use.
    The Way is in Training.

There have never really been Wii discounts. Why would there be and if a store actually has any in stock it causes a run on the store. there are ways to get the PS3 for $250 or so but most people wouldnt know about them. so for most people the price is $400 and in these hard times that's just too much. and the added bonus of it playing bluray is no a go now when blu-ray players are under $200 on a regular basis.

Nintendo doing well, even if those wretches lower the manufacturing costs to $10, they will still sell it at $250..
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

which good games can i get for my ps3 i jus got one.....have been out of the whole gaming thing for a bit