Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sony's PS3 A Sinking Ship: Sales Plummet

Quote Originally Posted by Nestersan View Post
    • You can get a HD starting at $19.95.
    • Some people actually don't want to play multiplayer, and the ones that do pay for Live gold find that functional servers, and in game chat supported across all titles, better user experience beat Sony's pretend also ran network, the only thing SOny has going for them online is that it is better than the pathetic attempts made by Nintendo.
    • Samsung has a nice one for $200.00
    • BOTH Systems support 1080p, but only a small number of games are 1080p from jump without upscaling.

Anyhow..Sales figures are what I quoted, so you can go buy a couple million PS3's if you like, to make up the difference..
    your argument is flawed and the cnn fanboys argument is flawed, I wont bother nitpicking at the pointless bickering. I guess this economy is suited for cheapskates.. I mean, a man wid a camry would love to find any reason to say his car is better than a bmw... in any case, the demise you'd love to see is not going to happen.

It is weird how people seem NOT to be buying this marvel of modern engineering....
    Anyhow, the market will decide...

It was just a news report on sales. Apparently it upset some folks. Open your wallets and buy more PS3's instead of complaining. Show them Sony is made of Win.

(for the record, I OWN neither console, but i do play both)

Tell you what since the poor sale figures so upsetting, I will now Report the Wii sales as PS3 Sales and Vice Versa....
    Last edited by Nestersan; Dec 14, 2008 at 11:12 AM.
    Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear.
    You do not know whereof you speak,and your words are empty things.
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

http://twitter.com/nestersan

Report what you wish but as chig said just another xbox360 fan reporting
    We sell only the latest and the best product and we don't have only one in stock so never be afraid to buy CONTACT US @ 3631007 OR BBM 7A0E8BF1

for what reasons do we need to buy more ps3s? and if there's any complaint its not about the sales, its just that everyone notices that at least every other post by you in the console gaming section is anti-ps3. Anyways I guess the wii is full of win i cant argue with you

Aww...shucks.. you notice me ?

My day is made.
    Why you no complain to the people who wrote the article and the people who not buying the PS3 and the developers who hate it?
    There is some GREAT NEWS though.

I hate to harp on these kinds of details, so I'll keep it very brief. OS memory is not at parity, 360 still has lots more legroom. Plus, there is much more to RSX limitations that just vertex.

You cannot index into sampler registers on RSX. So what do you do? You can still calculate the index vertex side and pass it to the pixel shader. Pixel side, there's only 3 solutions I can think of. One is to use is if/else statements to determine which sampler to use. This is bad, but sometimes you have no choice. Or, you can sample from all your samplers, and use lerp's to choose which of the values to use in a branchless way. This is usually better than the above, but still not great. Lastly, if you are lucky then you can group your texures into one uber texture, and just monkey around with the texture coordinates to pick which part of the texture you want. This is even better since it's now just down to one sample and no branches, but only works if you can associate the textures together, which isn't always possible.

It's stuff like this that comes up everyday, which is partly why so few coders want to work on PS3. Then again, its because of this that PS3 coders are in huge demand and my mortgage is being paid off fast, so I guess I should be thanking Sony
    SEE Sony is helping the economy !! YAY !!
    Last edited by Nestersan; Dec 14, 2008 at 11:31 AM.
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

yes your arguments can somehow be smelled.
    Please do talk about your Wiin console some more cause everything else is gossip, and all this PS3 talk only depresses us PS fanboys

Alone among the three major videogame consoles, sales of the PS3 are down about 19% from November 2007, according to the latest stats from the NPD Group. Sony was only able to sell 378,000 PS3s this November, compared to 466,000 last year.
    This is gossip ?
    My youth, what are you smoking exactly ?
    If sales records are gossip by Sony haters where we must get sales figures for ?
    Maybe Your Post count is gossip, or the that Obama win the Us presidency ?
    Shamefull News Media, reporting gossip....tsk, tsk.
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

This is gossip ?
    My youth, what are you smoking exactly ?
    If sales records are gossip by Sony haters where we must get sales figures for ?
    Maybe Your Post count is gossip, or the that Obama win the Us presidency ?
    Shamefull News Media, reporting gossip....tsk, tsk.
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gossip

: rumor or report of an intimate nature .

Nope, neither of those things
    Pathetic is more likely.
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

Aww...shucks.. you notice me ?

My day is made.
    Why you no complain to the people who wrote the article and the people who not buying the PS3 and the developers who hate it?
    There is some GREAT NEWS though.

SEE Sony is helping the economy !! YAY !!
    Does it matter? IF ps3 best looking games look better than 360 best looking games... does it matter? Show me a 360 game that is looking better than the best looking ps3 games then u can come with all these hardware limitations.

Gears 2 lame

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/37504.html

Killzone 2 easily the best looking there
    Last edited by semitop; Dec 14, 2008 at 12:58 PM.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo