Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Solar Air Conditioning

Quote Originally Posted by Blunty Killer View Post
    I did, an A/C unit from ATL is about $60,000. The light bill to run that A/C alone per month normal usage is about $8,000 per month. Again, to use solar to power an A/C is just not practical. $1,000,000 for an A/C unit? You've got to be kidding. Power everything else and let JPS do the A/C.

PS - You have to also take into account A/Cs come in different sizes. A 6000 BTU unit is good for a small room. But a 24000 BTU which is good for a larger room uses an obscene amount of current. He never mentioned in the article what sizes his system supports which is where you have to be careful.
    do what i do... fan wid u hand lol -- or better yet move to mandeville...... free A/C

Quote Originally Posted by WizzX View Post
    do what i do... fan wid u hand lol -- or better yet move to mandeville...... free A/C
    Mandeville sounds like the lick though.

Quote Originally Posted by Blunty Killer View Post
    Mandeville sounds like the lick though.
    you notice the prices for a house in that area/ you did afi born dey bredda.
    We sell only the latest and the best product and we don't have only one in stock so never be afraid to buy CONTACT US @ 3631007 OR BBM 7A0E8BF1

Green Energy Tech in Kingston offers the solar air condition at an approximatre price of $4600 USD not including panels and battery.
    "God gives every bird its food, but He does not throw it into its nest"

Quote Originally Posted by WizzX View Post
    simplest solution............. lol.
    Back to square one....., back off the ground now........

want to go9 to the display of the ac

Quote Originally Posted by simiyah View Post
    Green Energy Tech in Kingston offers the solar air condition at an approximatre price of $4600 USD not including panels and battery.
    address please? and thank you.

... me get a estimate for a solar system for 2.1 million.
    Last edited by [I.R.A]_FBi; Jun 1, 2008 at 12:27 AM. Reason: edited for language ..

Thumbs up Solar Air Conditioning present in Jamaica

Was not sure if I should start a New Topic, so I just revived this one...

We're now using a smart, anti-corrosive, Solar powered air conditioner to cool the home.
    ***Note***
    Available in sizes 12000, 18000 & 24000 btu.

VIDEO HERE - The First Real Energy Efficient Solar Air Conditioner

If you're thinking of going green, being more efficient or you just want to stay cool, then you can check this out.

We installed the 18000 btu solar AC at the model house in the Pyramid Point located in Ocho Rios, St. Ann Jamaica.
    Panels are JA Solar each rated at 405W.
    We used these to cover the open carport hence creating shade while at the same time energising the solar ready AC.

VIDEO - The Future of Home Cooling? | 100% Free AC during Sunlight!
    http://youtu.be/OmblAgw5EE0

These Zamna AC's can be the source for cold air or can act as a heat pump.
    The 12000Btu requires 3 solar panels, the input power required is at least 930W
    The 18000Btu needs 4-5 panels, the input power required is at least 1390W

While the sun is out, the Air Con uses the DC power directly from the solar panels, from the video you'll see that the outdoor unit has the MC4 inputs present so there's no need for any inverter to be connected to the unit. The solar panels will just plug directly to the outdoor unit via cables and MC4 connectors.

When there's not enough sunlight, it then takes what it needs from the grid (JPS).
    ***Note*** it does not drop all the power from the solar panels and then take from the grid, if the panels provide 50% power then it draws the other 50% from JPS.

I hope places like Megamart use this and then pass the savings on to the workers there. It has more than adequate roof space.
    Let's act on what we agree on now, and argue later on what we don't.
    Black men leave Barbeque alone if Barbeque don't trouble you