Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cuba lifts ban on home computers

What did i say make u think i misread something?
    The trouble with learning from experience
    is that the test comes first and
    the lesson afterwards

i do caribbean history but dam dem just a get computers

Quote Originally Posted by rickyricardo View Post
    i do caribbean history but dam dem just a get computers
    no, personal computers just being legalised, u do know its a tight communist country right.
    getz mine the fast way, ski-mask way...
    christopher wallace r.i.p.

lol...kinda funny tho. at my former company, I sold computers to lots of cubans that worked on ships. well I guess they know how to handle their stuff when they get back home.
    Isn't it a marvelous thing? The mystery of the mind?
    Dear Mr Obama..could you please bail out caribyard.com ?
    Athlon 64x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-M590SLI-S4 Mobo, HD 4870 512MB Graphix, 4gigs OCZ DDR2 800 RAM, Acer 22" WideScreen.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by bernie View Post
    lol...kinda funny tho. at my former company, I sold computers to lots of cubans that worked on ships. well I guess they know how to handle their stuff when they get back home.
    A little humor can be good, bernie what kinda avatar that? We can call u the white witch or even Annie Palmer? LOL LOL just joking still.

Anyways back to the topic. One of the hospitals that I work at had lots of Cuban nurses a few years back and dem never play fi buy the latest in computers tech then plus digital camera and fridge and them things dem. I remember when they were going back home after their contract is a container them send few days ahead of their departure. So a guess they know how to work the tight system or maybe some had links or depending on their work class they were allowed certain things. One has to also consider that the change was probably sensed by some of these persons since Castro was not getting any younger and had been ill for few years now.
    DEO DUCE QAEURE OPTIMA: sigillum scholae ardenniensis

...I smell a business opportunity,,, ship computers by boat, its only 90 miles, maybe even buy a boat,, im putting some thought into it...
    Pinch, Leave an inch, Roll

http://www.anyweh.com

Quote Originally Posted by djK View Post
    ...I smell a business opportunity,,, ship computers by boat, its only 90 miles, maybe even buy a boat,, im putting some thought into it...
    yow dowg that sound good fi real mek we link up and start a business or even go a cuba and buy a shop and start sell di computa dem cheap
    "Dont argue with idiots, they will bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience"
    BB user 7100t-8100-8120-8320-8900-9000-8900-8520-9700-9810

1US to .93 Cuba Pesos, not a bad exchange rate, secondly, you probably wont get a great deal of competiton from the US because companies will still be reluctant to trade with CUBA even in light of the new changes.......wait isn't the trade embargo still in place? If so then CUBA is a prime destination for trade especially if you can build systems for around $300, they'll eat it up. I can imagine Digicel and American Movil are already lined up ready to pounce on the new leadership.
    Only we can save us.