Thread: Pcmcia Lan Card

Default Pcmcia Lan Card

can someone help me find a WIN 2000/XPdriver for the this lan card ActionTec Pe200a pcmcia lan card

Default Re:Pcmcia Lan Card

Goto www.driverguide.com

Click the members link...

__________________________________________________ ______
    PS-- drivers all

thanks- tried that but not successful

Hey Paulos,

I'd hate to break it to ya buddy, but the ActionTec Pe2000A is not supported by Windows XP or Windows 2000. That device is pretty old bro'. Here's how you can check:

1) Go to the Windows Hardware Compatibility List here: http://www.microsoft.com/hwdq/hcl/search.asp

2) Set the search item to ActionTec

3) Set the search category to Network/Ethernet and then conduct the search.

You will see a few devices come up, but none of them match the device you are looking for.

The ActionTec PCMCIA card is very old man. You're talking about a device that was released in 1996! The latest drivers for it date back to 1997. My advice is to dump it and go 3Com if you HAVE to have XP.

Aside from that, the ActionTec PCMCIA card is only supported up to Windows NT - which is a 1996 Operating System. Sorry I couldn't help you more. But please be aware of this much:

Windows XP is the first in a line of NextGeN operating systems. The intention was to fuse the technologies developed under Windows 9x and Windows NT into one Operating System. The idea behind this fusion is to spur the development of new technology and to gently usher out older ones. That means that a lot of legacy devices will deliberately not be supported. I'm afraid that your ActionTec PCMCIA card is one of those devices (along with hundreds of printers, mobos, chipsets, mice, scanners........)

You see Paul, Microsoft is the industry leader in Standards for devices (because Windows is the most Popular OS). The ActionTek PCMCIA card doesn't support the FastEthernet standard, which is being used by just about every ethernet card today. FastEthernet standard is backwards compatible to the Ethernet standard which is 10 mbps. FastEthernet standard is 100 mbps. Usually FastEthernet cards are labelled as 10/100 mbps (because they can switch between both speeds).

I strongly recommend that you change the PCMCIA card. If you can find drivers for it, it will most likely be developed by a third party. That means you probably won't find XP drivers for it anywhere. Sorry dude.

- Xenocrates