Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LIME ADSL Problem

Default LIME ADSL Problem

3 months back I decided to go for an upgrade of my ADSL service, was running 2mb for basically 2years.
    I got the upgrade but noticed something very strange ... after a few minutes of being online doing w/e, downloading, surfing, gaming ... my connection would drop.

Hmm must be the modem ... I thought. So I switched out my dinosaur Thomson SpeedTouch 510 (4ports) for a single port SpeedTouch 516. SAME PROBLEM ... connection would drop ever so often.
    What good is 4mb connection that stays up for only a few mins...let me give them a call. [ring ring] Spoke to the support guys they have there and they proceeded to go through there cookie cutter list of things to do..reboot pc, reboot modem etc.

Finally they "figured out" that the 4mb package was too high for my line. Weird I though...3 other yute 2 doors away from me have 4mb and no problems....oh well..a so it go. "Can I have back my 2mb package then please? At least that was stable".
    Got back the 2mb dld 512 upld package. OH NO!!!! SAME PROBLEM!!! !@#$#@!

Okay...deep breath.... wooosaaah......woooosaaah....
    [ring ring] "Why is my dsl connection so unstable now?" ...proceeded to tell em about the failed upgrade to 4mb and how I now have a pretty faulty 2mb.
    They tell me it must be my pc....
    Okay... maybe Im not as tech savy as I thought so ..
    Try another PC ...same problem.
    Unpack BRAND NEW laptop ...same problem.

Hmm maybe its these old modems...
    Borrow a Paradyne 6211-I2 ... SAME PROBLEM!!!!

Did a ping -t to the ISP assigned DNS addresses and noticed that every a few successful packet transfers there would be a drop. Reboot modem ...
    Ahhh fixed.... wait...no. Upload speed is 56kb on speakeasy/speedtest website.

WHAT TO DO!!!

CALL FLOW AND REQUEST THEIR SERVICE

[ring ring] "Hello I'm calling from Westgreen in Mobay ... "
    cust rep: "Hold on...where is that? Wait....you know what I know wouldnt be able to provide you service there since I dont see that area on our list".

[thinks to self] ... but...but...you dont know where I am... I could be right smack in Bogue ... sigh w/e.

So im stuck with a 2mb SOUR LIME connection that not even they seem to know how to fix.
    Have had 3 different technicians come to the house within those 3 months all saying same thing... "We see no problem from your end sir". Yet... still have a problem.
    Any suggestions?
    Calm Like a BOMB

I was experiencing the same exact problem not so long ago. It turned out that 1.the line coming to my house got coroded & 2. some fool messed up my wiring at the exchange. It took me 1 month, 1 new modem ($6000+), 2 e-mail accounts (fools deleted them) and at least 25 calls to cus. care before my problem was resolved. I'm pretty sure that if they actually check your connection and not assume they would find the problem long time ago.
    .:] ^ [:.
    .:] Game IDs: xfire_ropy | BC:BC2_ropy | BC: 2142_ropy29 | BF3_ | steam_ropy09 | LoL_ropy09 | Origin_ropy29 [:.

Yeh im pretty sure its a problem at the exchange ...but who to call ...
    Calm Like a BOMB

i had problem if keep resittin ur modem ur upload speed will go up mines will sometimes go up to 1mb n 5mb down n find out that bad wiring at the exchange
    Video Game Technician in Jamaica 3968609
    Ultra Aluminus Black Case/ASUS Rampage Formula 2 /Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 oc 3.6/ZALMAN CNPS9700/8GB G-Skill ripjaw DDR3 1600/EVGA GeForce GTX super oc 470 edition /SAMSUNG Black 32" Widescreen hdtv/etc/

i had the same issue; had to report them to Bureau of Standards for the issue to be looked at seriously. Oh the issue, they had to rerun the line coming into the house and also change the port i was on at the exchange.
    Last edited by Billerg; Sep 9, 2009 at 06:30 AM. Reason: avoid multiple posts
    We Is Friends!
    Me And You Is Friends!
    You Smile, I Smile ....
    You Hurt, I Hurt ..
    You Cry, I Cry ..
    You Jump Off A Bridge ..
    I Gonna Miss Your E-Mails !

I was having that problem once as well, and as I was about to call them and hope is a female answer, it came back. But I still have dry weather internet as every time cloud get dark and thunder start role ma router chip out and the important internet light is the only one that won't come back.
    Sometimes it comes back on though, but I start getting low bandwitch. Then the moment I start getting back ma bandwitch increase thunder role again and modem reset (rinse and repeat till annoyed).
    Since week though I realized that the only way "sometimes" that I get back my internet light is to reset the modem quite a few times before it successfully reactivate.

Anyways tron, I think Retro works with l.a.m.e as he checked out a possible upgrade for me and he told me 2 megs was the limit for me, so that saying if I need more than 2 megs I just have to switch to their competitor, who just seem to hate Mobay .
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Yow, when mi did live a Catherine Mt it was the same problem, sometimes it would just drop for no reason but after a while it turn into the dry weather thing so from cloud start form mi in problems and at one point I was getting as high as 10 mb package and it wasn't for a short time either. Far as i'm concerned them need to change out the wires and since dem want to charge u for phone even if is just internet u want then them fi maintain them and gi u a proper line.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Cloud Solutions. All rights reserved.

is your phone working ok, does the phone line run close to any or with any power line that could be a problem

i,m having this exact problem for like months now .endless amount of calls to cc yet i,m still having the prob,,lime is just a sour company ,,they soon realise though ,,watch and see

Fire-T... saving lives and protecting property!!!.... earn some extra cash,,,,check this link,,no joke,,, http://bit.ly/1ixCnW6

same problem I am currently facing on the 2mb connection.
    |--- www.RealJamaicaEstate.com ™ ---|
    Invest small = small returns [micro enterprise] | Invest Big = returns Big [macro enterprise]
    --- www.fashionsJAMAICA.com ™ -|- www.ChampsJamaica.com