Thread: Wierd Active Directory error

keroed1 Guest

Default Wierd Active Directory error

i am using an asp.net 2.0 webpage to access AD[Active Directory] to retrieve some information from Active Directory,

when i run my application from visual studio 2k5 i get the data i want from AD.

but when i try to view the page by just typing it in my web browser i get the following error thrown The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.

i am not sure because when i run it via visual studio the addy is this:http://localhost:2855/WebAuthentication/Default.aspx

and when i type it in my webbrowser the addy is http://localhost/WebAuthentication/Default.aspx

i am wondering if the port number :2855 is whats making it work when visual studio runs the website but when i try to view it normally it doesn't work.

is there something i need to configure? this is the first i working with asp.net 2.0 and windows authentication[oh yea i forgot to mention that. i am using windows authentication] so i am not sure if i did something wrong

keroed1 Guest

ok i don't what happened or what i did since i never do anything but it is working now. my network guys at my office enforcing some new network policies and i think the changes and group policies affecting my app. because when i used my credentials it started to work after network started to get re-stabilize but the dummy user i used to connect not working so i thinking is all of their changes they making will wait till everything finish and settle down and do some more testing on my site for that aspect

keroed1 Guest

MY BAD GUYS

i jus realised that i did do something different that actually solved the problem i a had to edit the web.config and add the following tag

<identity impersonate="true" />

and this fixes everything