Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Linux Installfest 2004 - July 10th 2004

Default Re:Linux Installfest 2004 - July 10th 2004

Why not focus on making the installfest more about (gasp) INSTALLATION. That would mean more of the Linux geeks could focus on helping the newbies.

We could have a Demo Day on a completely separate day.

Installfest => Install Linux
    Demo Day => Demo Linux and run tutorials

They need not be held on the same day.
    PF,

There is installation and there is installation. There is a lot of interest in Linux in the I.T. industry. Some people want to see demos of what Linux can do. Why not just accommodate them?

Secondly, most Linux users have never seen qmail or Samba or Smoothwall in action. They come to install Linux and then they can see the other stuff that they can use.

There is installation and there is installation. There is a lot of interest in Linux in the I.T. industry. Some people want to see demos of what Linux can do. Why not just accommodate them?
    I'm all for accommodating the people, but Demo Day is a better time to do so. I found that I was spending more time demoing than installing, I'm sure persons benefitted but I'm sure that other who wanted to get stuff installed lost out.

[quote author=pigeonflight link=board=8;threadid=4671;start=90#msg46627 date=1089727966]
    I'm sure persons benefitted but I'm sure that other[s] who wanted to get stuff installed lost out.[/quote]

- True dat. You hit the nail on the head mon ami.