Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What should I look for in a Gaming rig?

Talking Re: What should I look for in a Gaming rig?

thanks man yeah i'm definately workin on it, i'm goin to be sellin out this computer sometime soon and usin the money to deal with some new parts and stufff u know wat i mean, it's jus a never ending proces

Default Re: What should I look for in a Gaming rig?

sounds like you and i are going down the same road. my parts are going to be a little different though.

Ok...all you guys are concentrating on the more expensive hardware but left out one of the key components to gaming...especially if you plan on having a better than fair experience in FPS and the likes... mouse.

Yes, this little implement determines whether you survive to the next round in most games. Make sure to use a wired optical mouse... or if you got the $$ go for Logitech's latest wireless gizmo... I hear your gaming experience is increased by at least 10% with it. more here http://www.techjamaica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3350
    Calm Like a BOMB

didn't forget it matronyx, cause i already have one.

Single player Game Rig
    • Processor - something release this year, as close to 3GHz as Possible
    • Graphics card - something release this year, retail at US $150 or more = $JA15,000 (see here)
    • Display - LCD diplay if you are not budgeting but graphics card first (see why here at LCD section)
    • Input - 7 or more hot action button mouse (see prevoius link on optical mouse goods) and dual analogue stick game pad (depending on game) (the gampads good but can have minor flaws)

Mutiplayer Game Rig
    • A fast network
    • At least 1 PC with 3GHz+ fast multi processing capabities, to run as the server (corect me if i'm wrong)
    • All other machines need only a decent graphics card, controllers/mice, and display

i disagree with that u need a lcd for a gamin rig still,

lcds are nice and the are light so u can carry them around from lan party to lan party and the don't take basically any power. but on the gamin shade theie image quality still not up to par with the crt.

hey if someone wants and can buy i'm not sayin that u shouldnt, me personally and i know there are others that would agree, CRT still rule for games.

Lcd for texts and crt for video and games.

Why I say LCD is just the finishing touch, icing on the rig.

General benefits-weight, power use,resolution,color,contrast,eye friendly

Gaming benefits(when done at native resolution only)
    Resolution-see the face of an enemy hiding behind a rock in camofloug, and other details.

Overall, it gives sharpness of detail, but this is not necessary. Preferably but not needed.

Now, a TV gives a different look of a game, but still a good look even though the resolution might be much less. This is because of the large size(50 inch TV), frame rate is smooth when resolution is less for the graphics card, and the anti-aliasing look. This applies to the CRT also

Ok heres what i say
    Atlon XP 2700Mhz
    Geforce fx5900 ultra 128mb
    512mb ddr Kingston memories
    120GB HD
    Msi Mobo or soyo latest
    17" Monitor CRT
    DVD RW DRIVE
    Prolly a creative sound card
    Finally a nice case, full tower
    Thats about it, that should run any game quite well
    LOS-iX--ASROCKZ77 PRO4+||INTEL i5 3570K||2x CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 8GIG DDR3 1600Mhz ||ATI RADEON HD 5770 1GB GDDR5||BL-LG 16X DVDRW||XTECH 600WATT PSU||Seagate 120GIG SSD||24" RCA LCD TV/MONITOR||Seagate 160GIG SATA||
    Life an Eternal Mask of Illussion---->IGN: Triple6/ Techlos

i would change the 5900 to a 9800 pro either you'll be happy playing games on that system