View Poll Results: Who's your favorite ISP?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 100.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most popular ISP

Default Most popular ISP

If your ISP isn't listed, include its name in a reply.

Default Re:Most popular ISP

Based on the participation level in the poll it appears as if I am the only one stuck with dial-up and everyone else has gone with cable broadband ;D What's happening with broadband (ADSL/cable) out there?

As Chris said, it looks like everyone is stuck on dialup, how comes i don't hear anyone talking bout ADSL service from Info channel and Cable and Wireless and Cable Modem service from SpeedNet Communication.

I don't know about the rest of you but i am sick and tired of dialup, it really sucks. :-\

Also i would want to add speednet to the list, although they would fall under broadband, but cable and wireless and info channel is in it, but what i would really like to see is which service provider is the better one in broadband services.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't SpeedNet a broadband provider to the cable companies who will in turn be the endsellers? Unfortunately the poll only has space for 8 choices and I only selected the 8 dial-up ISPs that I knew of. Hopefully when broadband becomes more prevalent we'll have greater choices over these slow poke options ;D

;D - I have dial up - what sux is i dont have the money for high speed access. - these people want you to pay an arm and leg for the equiptment then charge 2 twice what U.S. companies are charging. Me woulda prefa run weh dan pay dem high rate yah.

Well, I only have internet access at work. Since I moved out on my own, I've yet to aquire my baige box (and since someone crashed into my car over the weekend that item will have to ne pushed back even further.). At work we use broadband, IT ROCKS. I'm with C&W and right now their's no one better to deal with.

C&W are the only providers of DSL in Jamaica. Everyone else leases the service and then sell under their own name.

What that means is C&W customers will be the first to benefit from upgrades to the system as well as technical support can be done a lot faster.

As I understand it, the only ADSL providers are C&W and Infochannel. But there's a big difference. C&W's service creates a digital connection from your premises thru the exchange(s) to their broadband infrastructure and Internet link which is typically going to be fibre undersea. Infochannel on the other hand gives you a digital connection from your place thru the excahnge(s) to THEIR Internet link, which we all know is a VSAT system with all it's inherent latency and bad weather probs. You do the math and think which is better and figure out why some ahve left one for the other! So practically speaking, there is actually only one GOOD ADSL provider in Ja.

disclaimer: I have no grouse against Infochannel nor do I own shares in C&W, I'm only presenting facts as I know it ;D

I must state that the Top 3 ISp's are

CWJ
    Infochan
    N5 Systems

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch
    I must state that the Top 3 ISp's are

CWJ
    Infochan
    N5 Systems
    InfoChan..are you serious? Based on feedback that I've been getting, ever since they went on a buying spree, their customer service and product support have fallen off the chart. True, I was never an Infochan customer, but now you know why ;D

N5??...I'll ask about in a different topic.

N5 Sucks. My office had service with them for a while and they were constantly going down. It seemed every lightening bolt hit THEIR VSAT. It was impossible to fathom. Asides from that, their customer service is crappy too.

Keep an eye out though, they'll be coming with some cool (broadband) content pretty soon.