Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: More GoTel stories

Default Re:More GoTel stories

Thats what i would have done anyway so I figured thats what you had to be doing!! ;D

Peace Man!! I am patiently waiting as well!!!

[quote author=odsamuels link=board=1;threadid=378;start=0#msg2758 date=1042141912]

It seems that the crew that does the installations is not actually from GoTel but sub-contracted.
    [/quote]

You may be right, that could account for some of the problems that i have been and still having with Gotel, for instance they changed my phone # (without giving me proper notice i may add ) and for a couple days affter i have been receiving calls for somebody called e**** ??? , it's apparent that the "new" # they assinged to me was already in use , but not only that i found myself unable to make any calls since according to the recording " you cannot make toll calls" that means i have no credits and i stupidly believed the recording- it wasn't untill a few days after i figured out that my $600 talk time can't be finished already, oh yes $600 (that's another story), i had to call them and tell them to transfer the credit from the old phone number to the new one- finally i am able to make my calls!
    Even now 2 weeks later Gotel seem not aware of the fact that i have been assigned a new phone # since i have had two calls from them asking me in whose name the phone is in, since their records show the name e****. Guess that e**** guy is now really pissed at Gotel for taking away his number ;D.

It's strange that with all the misery that Gotel have caused me i am here laughing ;D ??? >
    The link remained slow for a couple days and I began to bug the customer care centre and knowing them by name and voice. I was told though that they were going to be doing some upgrades
    The upgrade seem to be going on right now, my connection been crappy as usual but this time around it has been fluctuating like crazy i see downloads of 0.5, 6.0, even exceding my aloted 64 kb/s bandwidth and yes total lost of connection > and btw i think that you can now make Free calls to the other phone carriers because i was "told" just now by someone that "he" was able to make a cellphone call although he didn't have enough talk time credits ;D Hope this continues into the weekend

Thanks again to my Beloved BELOVED TechJamaica.. if it weren't for this message board I probably woudnt have GoTel at the moment.
    odsamuels that's what Techja is here for. Best of luck with Gotel, you will need it ;D. btw what about the other early adopters who have signed up i have counted 3 already up and running or is it limping, how is it going so far for the others?

Thats more horror stories!!

I sincerley hope they do not let all of this crap happen when they fully launch their serivce.

That phone # switching thing is a really sad story. Can you imagine that happening to someone who already printed like 300 business cards? Whoa

Well, I must agree the GoTel service does go up and down... when it is up tho I have no complaints... and I must reiterate I'm not as frustrated because of the fact that when I ask if it is down, I hear whether or not it is down and a proper ETA... no crap. I like that.

I believe that they will make it unless they start doing some really stupid things and making really bad decisions.

P.S. Any further word on this free calls thing? ;D My Internet was down most of the weekend so I didnt get to read that message til just today Monday. I'm gonna check when I go home cause I haven't gotten a chance to refill my credit either.

L8r

I made a few free calls over the weekend myself but things seem to have gone back to "normal" i just tried it today (monday) without luck. Sorry you couldn't get in on fun.

I remember coming across that StarTech article sometime ago while doing a Google search for "Gotel" and " Gotel jamaica" the unfortunate thing was that
    the article was given a high ranking by google, which suggest that a whole lot of people searching for information on Gotel have read the article and may be leaving with the impression that all is nice and wonderful
    with this company, i wouldn't be surprise if Gotel put a link to this article on their website. It's quite obvious that he did very little research on the company before writing the article, i can bet that he got all of his
    info from Gotel! A most one sided and poorly researched article, but as Chris said the star is a tabloid and we should treat it as such, but hey if you believe stories published by this newspaper about duppy raping women
    and dogs giving birth to puppies that are half human and half dog, then you might take that article seriously.

P.S There are some Jamaicans who believe that kind of crap so you can just imagine the effect the article is having.

[quote author=DarkAngel link=board=1;threadid=378;start=15#msg2826 date=1042500856]
    I remember coming across that StarTech article sometime ago while doing a Google search for "Gotel" and " Gotel jamaica" the unfortunate thing was that
    the article was given a high ranking by google, which suggest that a whole lot of people searching for information on Gotel have read the article and may be leaving with the impression that all is nice and wonderful
    with this company, i wouldn't be surprise if Gotel put a link to this article on their website. It's quite obvious that he did very little research on the company before writing the article, i can bet that he got all of his
    info from Gotel! A most one sided and poorly researched article, but as Chris said the star is a tabloid and we should treat it as such, but hey if you believe stories published by this newspaper about duppy raping women
    and dogs giving birth to puppies that are half human and half dog, then you might take that article seriously.

P.S There are some Jamaicans who believe that kind of crap so you can just imagine the effect the article is having.
    [/quote]
    How can a man fake his own experiences, and research it? If it's his experience, it's his experience, he can't go out and just research and base his subjective article on that.

[quote author=torontonian link=board=1;threadid=378;start=15#msg2827 date=1042504725]
    How can a man fake his own experiences, and research it? If it's his experience, it's his experience, he can't go out and just research and base his subjective article on that.
    [/quote]

If you had a compnay offering a service and a reporter approached you for a review of your product/service what would you do?

Would you not ensure that you give the best account of yourself?
    Would you not ensure that the installation goes well?
    Would you not ensure that that link works and works well?

Hey guess what if the article is published and it rates your service highly then you have done yourself a great good!!! (the Star has a wide readership I might add) in free pubilicity!!!

Need I add anything else?
    I didn't think so!!!!

[quote author=torontonian link=board=1;threadid=378;start=15#msg2827 date=1042504725]How can a man fake his own experiences, and research it? If it's his experience, it's his experience, he can't go out and just research and base his subjective article on that.[/quote]

As I read it, DarkAngel wasn't suggesting that the reporter faked his experiences. The reporter's experience appears to have been based on a preferential arrangement (aware or unaware to him) by Gotel. I'm yet to hear from anyone else with a similar perfect review.

well, in the music industry, there is a ting called "payola" .. which i am sure exists in other industries too ;D