Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digicel vs. C&W's GPRS network

Default Digicel vs. C&W's GPRS network

Does anyone know which of the two networks is better for browsing the net via the PC interms of connection speed? ???

Default Re:Digicel vs. C&W's GPRS network

Cmon Ropy, I know u know the answer to that. Digicel has tons more users, plus Digicel still in a testing phase. CandW has begun charging thus they dont have a large market yet.

If u consider how many GSM users Cable and Wutless have compared to Digicel users. Remember that digicel users total = CandW+CandW Gsm. In most reports that I have gotten, 90% use Digicel, simply because its free, and more people have digicel phones. Remember CandW just came out with Digicel.

Ps Digicel has more users total.

mitchi your reply did need some clarity still. but any way i must say i honestly thing digicels is better C and w speed is extremely slower in browsing then net and downloading. C & W is a more stable connection but there speed isn't up to standard.
    Since the recent boom inthe use of the gprs technology Digicel seems to have been working on the gprs day and night because i no longer recieve any errors form the connection and its a whole lot more constant and stornger. i've heard that they're gonna increase the speed by adding more gateways for users to connect though instead of sharing the same 1's and overlaoding em.

PS. DIGICEL IS BETTER ;D ;D ;D

Oh sorry my bad. Digicel is by far better, but what I meant by the previous post was that Digicel still working on their system, thus it might seem unstable to novice users.

igodit Guest

By far Digicel is better, I was told that today they will be charging their customers for the GPRS bandwidth.

-- I wrote an article on how to connect to digicel's GPRS in the next issue of TechNews magazine

yeah i was also told this "igodit" the band with story. what i would love to know though by what mean will we pay, i mean are they gonna do it like c and w and make up pay via our call credit or make it a separate bill that you got to go in and pay, an i heard that the highest bandwith is gonna cost aproximately 1500 per month

Do you know how much we will be charged igodit?

I was guessing that C&W would have been faster since they have access to more bandwidth... and digicel only uses one T1 (don't know how true this is).

igodit Guest

[quote author=Ropy link=board=26;threadid=3482;start=0#msg31948 date=1080835746]
    Do you know how much we will be charged igodit?

I was guessing that C&W would have been faster since they have access to more bandwidth... and digicel only uses one T1 (don't know how true this is).

[/quote]

It's roamed to be JA$9 per day for both networks

I wouldn't mind paying a second bill, given that the speed is constant and greater than dialup. What would be even better is if they offered a wireless modem for the PCs, something like the one they have for laptops.

Does anyone know the different speeds that they (Digicel) gonna offer?

Ive been on the C&W network for a little while now, the speed is good, abit faster than dial up im gettin at most 47kbps (maybe becuse I have full signal on the phone all the time) even thou it connects at 115kbps

Billing is made simple, u pay$9 per day which is taken of your credit if you are on Bfree Plus. If nu Credit is in your phone it works for up to 60 days, youll get a warning text, then if you add credit all the charges are decucted.

As for expandability, i would sure love to see the bandwith go up, and i think it will. i just hope that when allot of people flock to it the prices wont sky rocket.