Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: J2UWI Hotspot

Quote Originally Posted by juiceheadband View Post
    great move...

i've been picking up J2 BEVERLY for a while now at UWI. Yesterday in the commuting students' lounge i picked up J2 Taylor Hall....and the lounge is across the road from Mary Seacole hall. I guess that beats out KFC & Chancellor right Jerry.

I think Anbell is also on campus but I think they charging about $11 per hour.

Jerry are your prices for the month?
    Well they are 4 packages, 2 that has a limit of 15days and the other 2 is 30days. The packages are 150/75K and 300/100K. Those were the speeds the Taylor Hall Representatives wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtMac2
    why would anyone PAY for internet on uwi campus? i am genuinely curious, please inform me.
    You'd be surpirsed, persons been signing up like crazy. Plus if you need to use the internet there you either have to go to the Labs and the Library which are packed. So why go there when you can chill outside anywhere in Tayolr Hall and go online.

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis2kx
    Lol. About time they did something like that.
    Everyone else made promises to do it but none made they effort like us.

Hey Jerry what price are the wireless nics being sold for?
    Out the 100Base-T, past the firewall, through the router, down the cable bus, over the leased line,off the bridge...nothing but Net.

Between $1700-$2100. Depends on the type, whether it be 802.11b only or 802.11b/g. Trying to keep the price below $2,000 though for the students.