Thread: Setting up ports in firewall???

Question Setting up ports in firewall???

I've been plague with this taks everywhere I go and now i'm tired of running away because I simply have not a clut to setup ports and TCP ports and sockets and so on in my firewall to allow specific preograms to use it. i am now attempting to setup Neconceal and its telling me that TCP port 80 and 1080 need to be opened for it to work, I was also plagued witthis issue when attempting to setup Azureus and so on. I am using Kerio Personal Firewall 4.3.268. I hope someone can help me cuz am sick of being a n00b in this are.
    DO ONTO OTHERS BEFORE THEY DO ONTO YOU!!!

i assume u using dsl.....what modem?
    KrossFade:--Biostar NF325 atx AMD Mobo||Kingston ddr128 pc2700 + titan 512ddr 400||sempron64 2800+ palermo core||WD Caviar 250gb Sata h.d.d||XfX geforce FX5200 gfx card ||x5-fans||lite-on 18x dvd+r||191dpb 19" widesceen, flat panel monitor.

Not sure what you want to know.

How firewalls work?
    What are ports?
    How to configure a specific firewall?

Let me know and I will try to explain.

Usually with software firewalls if a program is trying to access the internet you get some kind of prompt , if u then allow the program internet access the software will open the correct ports to allow the program access to the internet. You only have to configure ports with a hardware firewall in most cases.
    Intel Pentium E2160 clocked to 2.3- Gigabyte 945GCM-S2C- 2 x 2048 DDR2- 160gb WD sata, 640gb WD sata and 250 gb maxtor external hd -Vista Ultimate - 2 20x's dual layer Dvd burner one with lightscribe- 9 in 1 card reader - AverMedia UltraTV 1500 MCE TV card and Radeon HD 2600 Pro 512mb in a Antec 300 iPhone Ping iD fortis4eva

Oh Ok Fortis thats what I realy wanted to know but in the event that it doesnt automaticaly open the ports(which is the case now with Azureus) i would like to know how to open ports in software firewalls.
    BTW, am NOT using DSL bredda Anthrax, I'm on the heinous GPRS!
    Also Jamrock, configuring a specif firewall is also apart of my query, i'm using Kerio personal firewall ver4.3.268.

WITH GOD's SPEED!!!
    DO ONTO OTHERS BEFORE THEY DO ONTO YOU!!!