Thread: Kylix

Default Kylix

Any Kylix users here?
    Proven Jamaican Point Of Sale Software http://www.lintechsystems.net/

Far and few if any. Borland stopped supporting this for sometime and I have not seen any mention on the Developer Network about a revival strategy. With the OpenSource tools available for Linux already, it probably really wouldn't make sense going through research and development for Kylix.

I am going to be exploring Linux soon and wanted to have some development tools for it. Just like how I have Windows covered with Delphi. I was also assuming that Kylix was very easy in linux as Delphi is in Windows.

Its early though so I will be concentrating on learning Fedora right now.
    Proven Jamaican Point Of Sale Software http://www.lintechsystems.net/

Check this - The Lazarus Project

Quote Originally Posted by Blunty Killer View Post
    Far and few if any. Borland stopped supporting this for sometime and I have not seen any mention on the Developer Network about a revival strategy. With the OpenSource tools available for Linux already, it probably really wouldn't make sense going through research and development for Kylix.
    I agree. Years ago I started getting into Kylix but decided to spend my efforts getting deeper into Java which seemed to make more sense in terms of vision and availability of libraries out there.
    I recommend Ubuntu

I too have returned to linux, but on two fronts(i still use d7 windows i use VirualBox which is Free for windows and linux users it works best if your host is linux.)

in any case Free pascal is the tool i am looking at. It seems to has GTK(gui) support and off course console,database and network. Kylix died an untimely death.
    Anything or Anyone that fails to grow will eventually die. {AI}
    -------------------------------------------------
    Tomorrow is the future!
    Today Is the Tomorrow you made Yesterday!{AI}

The good news is that CodeGear has stated that they will be actively looking at cross-platform development after the release of Commodore. However I don't think they will be developing an IDE for Linux anymore, rather have code compiled to run under the Linux environment.