Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Own3d by Ston3r

Default Re:Own3d by Ston3r

i was thinking that myself shouldn't norton hav picked up a keylogger or do i need other programs?

[quote author=willy link=board=27;threadid=3240;start=45#msg30111 date=1078935456]
    i was thinking that myself shouldn't norton hav picked up a keylogger or do i need other programs?
    [/quote]

Antivirus programs may not pick up applications like keyloggers,some trojans, adware and spyware. I'd recommend running something like Adaware and Pest Patrol in addition to the AV scans.

I vaguely remember a program that might have been called "Anti-Keylogger" or something like that. It was featured on TechTV some time ago. Google it and see what you find.

sorry im late at this....been busy as anything.

ok, looks like you got jacked by the jpeg hole. once the jpeg has been started, it deletes valuable sys files. namley boot ntldr and the boot.ini files.
    normally, it takes a reformat to solve......i was wondering if the following could work though....

did you do rescue discs when you setup? if you did then its possible to replace the ntldr boot and boot.ini file.....you only need to boot into safe mode.
    if you get to safe mode....do a sytem restore to a way back date. this should delete all the current changed system files and give you back some good ole ones.
    you cant really use any ole ntldr as its a file setup with repect to your particular sys config. this is the error you are getting regarding the hardware config.
    the attack is mainly on your root sector of your disc.

the hack is something different. its merely a remote hole.
    turning off the messenger service should close that gap in one go. switch off windows time config too in services.
    other things to disallow is remote registry config.....why should anyone want to remotely control the reg, well, on a network they would. these are some of the settings xp and the 2k series left on as default.

why havent you got a firewall man? after all thats been said?
    naughty....take yur licks for being complacent. >

let me know how ya get on......

the format thing is merely an issue of partition. you have to delete the partition to go forward. the mbr is messed.

if you have another hardrive with an os loaded, using getdatabackntfs/fat will recover your data in this instance.

igodit Guest

[quote author=GILLION link=board=27;threadid=3240;start=45#msg30053 date=1078869251]
    I agree...

I have been quite the idiot

--good point
    Gillion
    P.S. If you are going to take a swing at me, its best to make it direct... it works better that way.
    [/quote]

Sorry man, don't take it personal.

Jus' seemed rather counter productive.

Oh and willy, you may need some linux in your IT diet ;D come to the next JaLUG meeting

[quote author=igodit link=board=27;threadid=3240;start=45#msg30346 date=1079129632]

Oh and willy, you may need some linux in your IT diet ;D come to the next JaLUG meeting
    [/quote]

i was seriously considering it. too much windows cant be good