Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: cwj dsl dead slow today

Haven't had a possible with my dsl from morning....

Mine went down thursday might and came up back friday in the day and it has been slow from then.
    By the way does C&W make adsl modems for themselves, because I saw someone with an C&W logo on their adsl modem and it has more air vent and its lighter than the Speed touch modem. Can anyone say anything about this.

Post CWJ ADSL Modems

Quote Originally Posted by jamby View Post
    Mine went down thursday might and came up back friday in the day and it has been slow from then.
    By the way does C&W make adsl modems for themselves, because I saw someone with an C&W logo on their adsl modem and it has more air vent and its lighter than the Speed touch modem. Can anyone say anything about this.
    No Jamby, CWJ does make the ADSL Modems, they have a compnay that manufactors the modem & they just put CWJ Logo on it, the same thing like what US Mobile Operators do with their Cell Phone, T-Mobile, Cingular & so forth they go straight to the manufactor such as Nokia & Motorola.
    Dain Bramaged
    Google Voice: 954-779-6436

http://www.prolexic.com Now Apart of Akamai Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by jamby View Post
    I saw one of those the other day. It was a Paradyne router with the C&W logo slapped on there.

yeah that's the modem i use, the paradyne 6211. it's the new modem they are issuing. and since today my net slow as hell, dont know wat causing it
    KrossFade:--Biostar NF325 atx AMD Mobo||Kingston ddr128 pc2700 + titan 512ddr 400||sempron64 2800+ palermo core||WD Caviar 250gb Sata h.d.d||XfX geforce FX5200 gfx card ||x5-fans||lite-on 18x dvd+r||191dpb 19" widesceen, flat panel monitor.

Default C&W nuh need customers?

C&W a mess around, since week I have been unable to get any webpages, I can download a my full 1MB, when i get the speed test page to load DWN --> 836 without overhead and up 108. DNS is working because it properly resolves the servers but when it comes to bringing up the page pure timeout. Tracert - all the hops from 2 - 10 always time out.....this is getting to be serious. I can't even check my mail, anyone having the same problem?

And no i didn't try calling them, I don't have time to wait 2 hours ont he phone to hear "We are looking into it"

edit: My netspeak works beautifully too, downloading using a manger or torrents still kicking. Just messenger and browsing not working.....i have to refresh this page 10 times to get it to load.
    Last edited by selasieye; Oct 1, 2006 at 06:15 PM.
    bored with too much to do