Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: C&WJ launches e-Directory

Default C&WJ launches e-Directory

C&WJ launches e-Directory
    published: Tuesday | January 27, 2004

CABLE & WIRELESS Jamaica is launching a new directory offering - its e-Directory, an online version of the regular telephone directory.

The e-Directory will provide quick access to all the features of the printed version including the popular Yellow Pages, Government Information, Visitor's Guide and the White Pages with general listings.

While the e-Directory is expected to be of particular benefit to Jamaican businesses and Jamaicans living abroad, it is also expected to make information on Jamaica more readily available to anyone, anywhere in the world with access to the Internet.

In commenting on the launch, Cable & Wireless President, Gary Barrow, asserts that the e-Directory is another example of his company's commitment to using its resources to create opportunities for the country's development. 'Every Jamaican business, whether or not the have a wseb site of their own, will now be accessible to everyone throughout the world who has access to the Internet. This is a very powerful tool in promoting Jamaica globally', he said.

Developed in partnership with Caribbean Publishing Company, the Cable & Wireless e-Directory will, by far, provide more information than any other online directory. The partners say that in the same way the printed directory has developed and evolved over the years, there are plans afoot to constantly improve the e-Directory to respond to the needs of the market and feedback from its users.

The printed directory has grown from 580 pages in 1974 to 1500 pages in the recently released edition for Kingston and St. Andrew.

Default Re: C&WJ launches e-Directory

I thought this was available ages ago. I remember seeing it on a c&w thingy at a Jamaica grande at Ocho rios a couple years back. I dont remember what u call these machines. They are blue, have a web cam and have an internet connection, I think u have to use a card to gain access to it though. It was free back then.

I could have sworn I have searched for someone's name and got the address and phone number online already, using this same directory. I could be mistaken though.

put a link to the e-directory please ;D

No link provided. Seems the service is not yet launched and no launch date was given in the Gleaner report. Chuupid and Wuthless site slow bad today.

The new E-Directory is at
    http://www.jamaicayp.com/

The previous incarnation was called YellowPagesJamaica.com
    and was done in conjuntion with InfoExchange - http://www.infochange.com

Yow!!!

The new E-Directory not bad 8)
    They actually present you with a page that looks like the ones in the phone book. You search for "Courts" and it brings you to the page with the entry for it with "Courts" highlighted.
    8)
    Dem all have di ads dem

Thanx BCK, I was beginning to think I was nuts, or I dreamt the whole thing.

BlackCryptoKnight thanx for the link man checking it out now

i think it has a problem though go to white pages click on w and then next page it, it brings me back to a instead of going to x,yor z probably did something wrong check for ur selves

Many problems actually. I tried clicking on T and it brought up W.