Thread: Xbox Modding

Default Xbox Modding

Hi extreme gamers, did you know that you can turn your xbox into a fully functional pc, and still play pc games also,

for those who are interested you can read up more about it here http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/m...420925,00.html ;D

igodit Guest

Default Re:Xbox Modding

Yeah, I stopped by my friend's house yesterday while he was modding a couple Xbox consoles to run Linux. It plays movies across the network, MP3, BIN and ISO files, pre loaded games (residing on the HDD) and more...

For more info check out www.xbox-scene.com

uhhh how many people actually took an Xbox over a PS2?

Ahhhhhhmmmm..... Isnt this illegal?????????????

I'm getting the feeling that some peeps ( not pointing any fingers ) don't like XBOX cause it's a product of Microsoft. In fact this these persons are anti-Microsoft ...in denial. :

Ahhhhhhmmmm..... Isnt this illegal?????????????
    Under the DMCA it is; but after shelling out your hard earned cash who the hell can tell what you can and can't do with your XBOX. As a techie it's almost impossible to not break atleast one of the rules stated under the DMCA.

Although illegal, I am curious to know how this is done. Igodit care to shed some light as to how ur friend achieved this??? Anybody know how it is done??

[quote author=<<MiTcHiE>> link=board=11;threadid=2689;start=0#msg25820 date=1073151582]
    Although illegal, I am curious to know how this is done. Igodit care to shed some light as to how ur friend achieved this??? Anybody know how it is done??
    [/quote]

Here is a great source http://www.xbox-scene.com/tutorials....,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 but expect to do a great deal of reading. Also, check out their forum but be careful when posting a lot of the members' have little patience and will flame you for "dumb noobie questions" as they put it.

igodit Guest

You know it's really annoying when you pay for something and when you do you modifications to it to suit your need, there is some BIG BROTHER system telling you that it's illegal. Do these legalities go for automobiles are well or anything else for that matter?

The mere fact that there are person's doing this means that they want theses things that are not being offered, correct me if I'm wrong. You may not suit the need of everyone out there but why stop those that you can't?

With the Xbox modding, you can change either the flash EPROM in the hardware or take out the current hardware w/ the EPROM and replace it with another (MOD Chip).

I'll get you more details later on what was do with the MODs on the XBOX my friend has.

XBOX modding isn't illegal. Selling a modified XBOX is. However, modding your XBOX automatically voids the warranty. XBOX modding is as illegal as building your own PC. So long as you don't attempt to sell the modded console, it's perfectly legal.