Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where can I get a GOOD VB Tutorial ?

Default Where can I get a GOOD VB Tutorial ?

Does any one have GOOD links to GOOD VB Tutorial ?
    I wpuld shore appreciate it.The ones that I have come across on the net are usually not worth it !

Default Re:Where can I get a GOOD VB Tutorial ?

If you are using Visual Basic .NET, it comes with a very comprehensive tutorial on how to implement all of its inherent functions. If you are totally new to Visual Basic, I strongly recommend you buy one of the Sams Teach Yourself Visal Basic .NET texts. They're actually quite good.

Does any one have GOOD links to GOOD VB Tutorial ?

I wish I wuz more specific in my question......What I really should have asked wuz......Does anyone have a GOOD and FREE online link to a GOOD and FREE VB .NET Tutorial

Thanx anyway Xenocrates !

Well in my never ending quest to find a GOOD,FREE online VB .NET Tutorial I came across this LINK

Not the best but I guess it's better than nothing ! MayB others will find the link helpfull too !

[quote author=Xenocrates link=board=23;threadid=2093;start=0#msg22727 date=1069171179]
    If you are using Visual Basic .NET, it comes with a very comprehensive tutorial on how to implement all of its inherent functions. If you are totally new to Visual Basic, I strongly recommend you buy one of the Sams Teach Yourself Visal Basic .NET texts. They're actually quite good.
    [/quote]

Where can these books be had locally?

Innovative Systems Superstore in Sovereign Centre.

You need to haul @ss if you want 'em. They are often out of stock because the books are on demand. People are sucking up .NET all over the place like crazy.

Got the last one they had yesterday, thanks

Well I'm happy for you man Cuz God knows I was on a waiting list for what seemed like forever. The books just couldn't stay on their shelves. What's worse is that I had to have a brejin a mine who works there to secure a set for me. Count yourself extremely lucky. Those books retail for the equivalent of over JA $7000 online - of all the insanity

If you are a beginner and using VB6.0, I recommend these books by John Smiley (I learned quite a bit using some of those listed)

I'm a final year UTech student, doing an Enterprise Computing course using VB6 and accompanying technologies. I have a big problem doing programs that I can say I am proud of in VB. I find VB code gets very messy, very quickly. However, I first blame this on my VB programming skills. In my opinion VB doesnt force you to abide by stuctured progrmming. So my question is, where can I find good tutorials, online and free, that will help me to learn to create good, well structured programmes in VB?

I am a much better Java programmer, so if anyone knows of any tutorials that address VB programming from a Java programmer perspective, that would be very welcome.