Thread: Web Server Problems.

Question Web Server Problems.

I was so happy, in learning today how to setup a webserver thanks, to Free2Code.net

I have finally followed all the instructions carefully and it seems everything went fine, one minor problem though.
    In order for me to access the website (index.html) I have to type Http://localhost in order for it to come up. If I input my Ip Address the Speedtouch configuration page comes up.
    I have disabled Windows Firewall and have none running at this current moment.

Any suggestions? Whats the next step?

I have have a Dyndns account which I setup earlier, whenever I try to browse that page the Speedtouch configuration page comes up also comes up.

Thanks in Advance.
    "And if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost." - Moroni 10:4

which ip address does your dyndns forward to? If it looked like 192.168.xxx.xxx, then you made a mistake. You cannot reach that ip from the internet. Make sure you are using your WAN IP address (check http://www.mywanip.com/ to find it) with dyndns.

dyndns is setup to update my IP address each time its changed. I downloaded the client. It seems I configured the config file with the incorrenct parameters.
    I used "localhost" instead of 10.0.0.1. It works well with 10.0.0.1
    All I have to do now is pinhole the modem. Alcatel Speedtouch 510.

Any advice on how to configure the modem?
    "And if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost." - Moroni 10:4

your trying to access you site from outside your local network? why not use what it works with?