Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wireless Network _GPRS

Default Wireless Network _GPRS

???Help. Need some information. Ok this new GPRS thing with Digicel. I have heard som vibes about getting a wireless card that can accept a sim card that you can connect to your computer, just like how I connect my current wireless card. then you can log on to the internet just like how the P800 and others access the internet.?????/

Need some information on it.

Does anyone know about it. And I hear that access right now is free. Some of the people I spoke to at digicel could not assist me.

HELP ???

igodit Guest

Default Re:Wireless Network _GPRS

Turbo, it's a PCMCIA card that come siwth a SIM card slot.

It's not this one but it's similar.

The one they are selling is the Sony Ericsson GPRS Card... wait.. I found it.

Let me ask the question can this be purchased overseas and then get a sim card in JA. What the cost in JA from digicel. Does it work reliably behind closed doors? Were is it available in Kingston. ?MBJ yeah lots of question, but limited info on it.

Thanks

igodit Guest

It will work pretty much anywhere your GSM phone works, it picking up the GSM (and GPRS) signal just like your GSM phone.

Can't say where it is avaliable, if MBJ.

It's cost roughly $15,000 the device itself and yes you can purchase the card outside of the island and use the SIM.

Thanks will ahve to investigate it the next time I am on the island. Sounds like what i need for those remote areas. I notice they dont advertise it too much if at all or I may have missed all the papers.

igodit Guest

Reason is that it's not a launched product and for now it is free. It works pretty well once there is a good signal in that area.

Are you in Kingston?

not in the island at the moment but when i am next it will be Montego Bay. Hope it will work down there. ???

igodit Guest

How much are you getting the Card for?

Nope have found one yet. May try to get some more info in the USA before I decide or may op just to get it in Jamaica so as not to have any problems getting the wrong card out of the USA.

[quote author=igodit link=board=26;threadid=1895;start=0#msg18641 date=1064433878]
    Turbo, it's a PCMCIA card that come siwth a SIM card slot.

It's not this one but it's similar.

The one they are selling is the Sony Ericsson GPRS Card... wait.. I found it.

[/quote]

do you know the specs on this card iG?