Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wireless..cable modem?

Default Re:wireless..cable modem?

I initially asked the question as to the location of the setup that he was describing for the very reason that it sounds just like a man doing a thing and not a legit cable operation.

[quote author=Collin link=board=1;threadid=175;start=0#1105 date=1033575884]
    It must be pointed out at this junction that not only is CWJ service more accessible to most persons right now it is also most reliable (cry as we may about the bad of CWJ).
    [/quote]

I will vouch for their reliability, though for some reason I keep getting some DNS black outs reminiscent of my dial-up days. I have to wait a few minutes or reboot the modem to resolve URLs.

CKnight,

What sorta connection do you use with CWJ?

SOHO. 768K-256K

Lucky you!!

I applied for that at location but was told I could only get 256/128 due to my distance from the exchange!!!

Guess that's still a whole lot better than dialup1

[quote author=CKnight link=board=1;threadid=175;start=0#1130 date=1033649968]I will vouch for their reliability, though for some reason I keep getting some DNS black outs reminiscent of my dial-up days. I have to wait a few minutes or reboot the modem to resolve URLs.
    [/quote]

You're the second person that I've heard mentioning this problem with DNS "blackouts". The other person mentioned that it happened whenever there was a brief power outage or fluctuation.

I will also add my $0.02 worth that C&W's narrowband and broadband seems to be the most reliable at this time. As I have said in other discussion topics, as far as I'm concerned they are the only providers of ADSL.

Does anybody have or know of experiences with the local use of consumer-oriented VSAT broadband solutions like DirecWay or Starband?